shunning verses victamization

by Sabin 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Hey Muksutov, please no apology, & yes that is exactly what I`m suggesting in the same way that we are starting to use undue influence instead of brain washing. The actual words are peer victimization. It underlines so much more than just ignoring someone which is just childish. Some DF people actually lose their jobs or their children are treated badly at school by other witness kids cause one of their parents is DF. And shunning in itself is not the cause of so much pain for individuals it goes much deeper than that, it involves many not a few.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

I was never baptized and therefore never shunned. My sister however, was disfellowshipped for "promiscuity and slander" when she had in fact been raped by a pupular dub who admitted to having "consensual sex" with her (he was only reproved). Because my zombie mother and brother disowned her completely, I in turn disowned them and havent seen nor spoken to them in years. Neither my sister nor I were responsible for the fragmentation of our family, yet my mother, brother and dub friends insist she is.

The stranglehold that the cult has on its minions is staggering and trying to factually or emotionally convey how destructive the doctrines are to people who have not experienced it is almost impossible in my experience.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Secretslaveclass This is terrible, I`ve heard this story many times. Good on you for standing by your sister. You know what sickens me so much is why the hell would a girl make that up. If someone did make it up then they need just as much help don't they. Whats wrong with these parents
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Sabin:

I understand that some rape "victims" are not, but rather psychologically sick persons motivated by a number of reasons. These though are far and few between. And when there is evidence to suggest she is not lying they will often right her off as a promiscuous trouble maker "who asked for it". Who the fuck ever asks to be raped, humiliated and have their right as a human being to exist in safety and peace taken from them?! If they made it legal to stone rapists and child molesters tomorrow I'd be the first one up ant the crack of dawn with a cinder block in my hand....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit