bethel

by Sabin 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sabin
    Sabin

Mr Vincent Toole, he gets 3 meals a day his accommodation, daily exercise & a degree to be a lawyer. They are asking for kids ice-cream money so they can send their monkeys to uni to get them off child abuse cases, while telling the ones giving the money not to get a higher education. Holy shit I never thought about that before. Clever, I`ll give them that, mean but very clever.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Thanks for that, entirely new perspective.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    When I was in Bethel one of my friends was a new JW convert who had recently graduated from college. We worked side by side in the factory until one day he was told that he would be assigned to the Legal Department and sent to law school. They passed the rest of us over because we had listened to their advice to to Pioneer and pursue Bethel service instead of pursuing a higher education. Instead, they chose someone who was recently "part of the wicked world" to invest the time and money on educating instead of one of those who had spent their entire life following their direction.
  • kairos
    kairos
    they are hypocrites
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Pete: got to love irony.
  • hoser
    hoser
    It really doesn't surprise me. It is human nature. They are the 1%. Just like in the real world our sweat blood and tears go to feed the elite of society.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Everything is mixed up about Jehovah's Witnesses. Good points on the "higher education" and the ice cream money.

Other things all wrong:
    Members are called "publishers" yet they are only distributors of material from the publishing corporation.

They claim no human leaders, but say that the elders, CO's, etc. right on up to the Governing Body "are the ones taking the lead." They want members to think they are the leaders but to say they are not.

Governing Body members are not "inspired" but are "spirit-directed." All a member gets out of that is that it is the same thing as "inspired" but allows them to change things that become clearer- note that they never say something was "wrong." A definition of "inspire" is: To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence. Sounds the same to me as their "spirit-directed."

Members can be disfellowshipped for having contact with currently disfellowshipped or disassociated ones, but the organization tells the world that members decide on their own whether to have contact or to shun.

It's an all-volunteer organization. Members do not have to be on the Theocratic Ministry School or do any time in the door-to-door work or really anything they don't want to do. But see what happens when members decide not to do things or do not turn in any recruitment time.

They say that atheists are not content to "keep their views to themselves." Such irony really doesn't need to be further commented on. Just as the irony of naming a magazine AWAKE for these willfully ignorant people doesn't need further argument.

Jehovah's Witnesses read in Acts of a man who asks "What prevents me from getting baptized?" But then they have something like 200 questions that must be answered before someone can be baptized. As sad as that is, they further say that baptism is the most important thing a person can do, so he/she must be a spiritual adult. Yet they allow people as young as 6 years old to get baptized, and then hold that against them if they try to leave the religion as a teen or young adult.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Cult.

Mind bending..... cult.

• Lehman
    Lehman
    What an absolute arse*ole Toole is,his performance at the RC was abysmal,he had no idea that under misprision he had to report crime.what an outright lie
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Excellent post OTWO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit