What Did You Give Up To Be A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

At 18 I gave up a wild ride with Karen Hughes in my 3 hour advanced photography class. A hot, sexy, and yes beautiful Catholic girl. She made Dark Room a whole nother science! It could have been a great relationship.

still think of her.....oompa

• R.F.
    R.F.

I gave up or rather postponed my college education. I dropped out to increase my Borg activities. I thought I was doing the right and best thing for me of course. I could've graduated long ago, but i'm still young so I don't beat myself up over it anymore.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I ran away from some very good friends. Gave up a great hobby of drag racing of which I had a lot of money tied up in a great Ford at the time........and it was very fast..........and I sold it for a song just to marry a JW girl..........who I actually loved with all my heart and had a wonderful marriage with until her death in 1996.

Gave up smoking......which was a good thing.

Gave up hunting and fishing..........two things I had a passion for.

Gave up the dream of becoming a Pennsylvania Fish and Game Warden because it was required to carry a gun.

Gave up my reasoning ability to be a part of the "WHOLE".

Gave up my self respect because I WASN'T allowed to think outside the box..........thus I became an ALCHOHOLIC.

While an elder..........in 1989 started attending AA meetings and slowly started to have my eyes opened to the fact that there were many good people in the world who WERE NOT JW's.

Was finally able to say................F..k Y.u Watchtower in 2000

Then I gave up the Jehovah's Witness religion as the last straw and have lived happily everafter.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit