HELP????

by CHICKEN LIPS 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• CHICKEN LIPS
    CHICKEN LIPS

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how long they were actually a member for??? What year did they begin this bizarre association...???

CL

• CHICKEN LIPS
    CHICKEN LIPS

Guys,

Sorry if I was not clear here - I meant the association with the United Nations...

• izobcenec
  • CHICKEN LIPS
    CHICKEN LIPS

Thank-you! Will check it out!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

In a nutshell, 
    they applied for NGO in 1991 (Loyd Barry and Ciro Alicino signed the application)
    Terminated their NGO status in 2001 (thanks to the help of Zev from this board 
    showing us the UN website with WTBTS as an NGO)
    j2bf
  • KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Hi Chicken Lips,

We have got all of the info on the UN involvement.

We have a copy of the 1 Nov 2001 letter from the WTBS, where they admit that they registered as an NGO in 1991.

There is lots of information on this site, just go to the search area (towards top of page) and type in UN Watchtower, it will bring up all of the threads relating to the UN/WT involvement

1. The organisation applied for association in 1991

2. Granted association in 1992

3. Requested termination in Oct 2001

Hope this is of some help

KT

• CHICKEN LIPS
    CHICKEN LIPS

Thanks guys!

• Beans
  • Beans
  • Voyager
    Voyager

Hey everybody:

The Watchtower may have (requested) termination in October 2001, but their name still appears on the NGO database files. They are now classified under (F), in which the database I looked at classifies this as :Freedom and Liberation, as in religious freedom, and so forth. I was under the impression that the UN updated their files electronically. If this is true, then why does the name Jehovahs Witness still appear there. Go to: UIA Database Index Jehovah Witness. Scroll down the J list. Their name is still there. They also are still involved as a NGO in the Holocaust situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit