Were You Ever Robbed At the Kingdom Hall?

by Funchback 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• els
    els

This didn't happen at the hall but my husband was ripped off by a "brother" that worked with him. My husband had a small construction business and employed a couple of guys from our hall. He rented a big compressor for a job using a blank check as security. When the job was finished he had one of the guys return the compressor. After a while checks started bouncing in my husbands account. It turned out that this "brother" told the rental company that his boss had decided to buy the compressor, used the blank check and took the compressor home. Shortly after that he quit. We couldn't get it back cause he said he sold it and spent the money so we had to take him to small claims court. I think the total amount was about $700 with overdraft fees included. The "brother" had the nerve to call us and leave a message saying "How could you do this to me? I have two small children to feed." Well we had two small children also. The elders refused to get involved, said it was a personal matter. We never did get all the money back. But this guy ended up being DFed cause his wife caught him with another woman and last we heard he was wanted by the police for something. els

• NotBlind
    NotBlind

A few years, a guy (non-Witness) was caught in the KH parking lot siphoning gas out of cars. But I wasn't personally robbed.

So much for Jehovah protecting his "Witnesses"...

• Pete2
    Pete2

There was this really theocratic-credentialed family. The father was an elder and all the grown sons were elders ( but geeks).
    Yet, there was a "bad-seed" son, really bad. After he had gotten out of jail for the third or fourth time, he swore to
    his obedient little JW wife -- who always got knocked-up upon his release -- and he swore to his self-righteous parents
    that he was going straight-JW all the way.

Well, one Sunday at a neighboring congregation, a long-time brother and his family came home the hall to find that they had
    been cleaned out. The next Sunday, another Bro & Family were praisin' Jah, and they came home to find -- they'd been robbed.
    This went on for a while, before the police could connect the dots. Yeah, it was the bad-seed son. He robbed about five
    Witness families while they were at their Sunday meetings.

This guy was a big time loser. When he was a teenager, he got drunk and ran over an old lady -- killing her. He was only
    reproved.Then there was the time he picked up a hooker and took her to this cheap motel. She tried to run off -- and he shot
    her in the ass with a shot gun. She was OK. She went to the emergency room where they picked out all the buck shot.

There's more, but I'll stop here.

Pete2

• hippikon
    hippikon

A long wile back we were looking to buy a car. One of the older woman in the cong said her son (not a witness) had one for sale. So we contacted him. He said he would drop it of for us to look as we didnt have the transport to go and see it. He left it and took of. But the car was a real heap of crap. So we rang him up and told him we didnt want it. His comment was too late youve taken it. Next thing he did was ring up the elders and say we had gone back on our (imaginary) agreement. The elders said we had to pay for it because it didnt look good for the congregation.

He knew how to work the system!

• donkey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit