"Kneel down before reading the Watchtower...

by MacHislopp 9 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,
    I do hope you appreciate good things,
    and if you do…you should demonstrate it ..maybe like this….!

w64 9/15 574 - Kneel down before reading the Watchtower
    In contrast to the attitude of these elective elders was that of an elderly couple with whom I stayed on the outskirts of Richmond, Virginia. The brother went down to get the mail before breakfast, and when we had breakfast he said, "Brother Riemer, I got a new Watchtower this morning, and do you know the first thing that Ma and I do when we get that Tower? We kneel down before we take the wrapper off and ask Jehovah to make us worthy to see what the message is that Jehovah has for us. Now, before we take the wrapper off, will you kneel down and pray with us?" How different that elective elder was from this humble couple who appreciated Jehovah's organization!

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Like you don't kneel down before reading one of Ray Franz books.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Mac,

Pretty sick little scene you've painted for us here, isn't it?

The Writing Department seem to let no opportunity go by without bagging the clergy. The ones I know all have a humble, reverent attitude to God's Word. Of course, in the article you quote, like is not being compared with like, for the object of thankfulness was to the Watchtower magazine and not the Holy Bible.

But the borg wouldn't think that the Watchtower magazine was on a par with the Bible, would they?

Cheers,

Ozzie

• Englishman
    Englishman

Hi Mac,

You think that is unusual? Here in Weston super Mare the congregation were exhorted to thank Jehovah before having sex!

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

That reminds me of one elder who was a marriage celebrant and in his wedding talk he would tell the bride and groom that they should kneel beside their bed that night to thank Jehovah for the sex they were about to receive! I kid you not... his name is Bob Fowler.. any other aussies heard his wedding talks?

Cheers,

Ozzie

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Mac says>>Hello everyone,

In contrast to the attitude of these elective elders was that of an elderly couple with whom I stayed on the outskirts of Richmond, Virginia. The brother went down to get the mail before breakfast, and when we had breakfast he said, "Brother Riemer, I got a new Watchtower this morning, and do you know the first thing that Ma and I do when we get that Tower? We kneel down before we take the wrapper off and ask Jehovah to make us worthy to see what the message is that Jehovah has for us. Now, before we take the wrapper off, will you kneel down and pray with us?" How different that elective elder was from this humble couple who appreciated Jehovah's organization!
    -------

Man I just heard this story again a few weeks ago when our CO was visiting our cong. Only this time the couple was anointed!

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Forgive me if this got sent already.

Mac says>>Hello everyone,

------

Good grief, this story is as old as the hills and I just heard it again a few weeks ago when our CO was visiting our cong. only that time it was an anointed couple.

[:-(

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

thanks for your comments...it's nice
    to share thoughts about it.

**fredhall: I'm sorry to disappoint you but I don't
    kneel for any anyone!

Agape J.C.MacHislopp

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I'd heard that account before. There are many sincere and humble people who were and are still drawn to the Witnesses for what they perceive to be 'THE TRUTH' My heart goes out to them all.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• JT
    JT

You all are some sick dudes
    praying b4 reading the mags- before the wedding night sex

hey i love it though- just think an apostate could nevr make up some of the stuff that jw come up with own thier own
    -

i shared some of this last week with a NONJW and he almost flipped out

it is amazing at how when a jw reads or heards these things at the meeitng they think it is the greatest since sliced bread

yet when a NONJW reads this stuff they realize that JW are a

"FEW FRIES SHORT OF A HAPPY MEAL"

just my 2

james

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit