l just had a discussion with my uber Dub father about the RC in Australia

by joe134cd 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just jotting this down while it's fresh in my mind.

Joe= apparently they have got issues over in Australia at the moment with sex abuse, and this time the government got involved.

Dad=yeah they mentioned this at the assembly last weekend. Apparently so they said all religions and organisations are been investigated.

Joe= kind of seems funny how the only 2 religious groups been interviewed so far are the catholics and JWs.

Dad= yeah lies of the media.

Joe= well actually here is a recording of the court hearing, so you can here it from the horses mouth. (Show video clip)

Dad= why are you showing me this. I think your showing me this because you are leading an unclean life. I will not believe this until I hear it from a GB member.

Joe= well actually they have been given a chance. Show Jose lopez case video clip.

Dad= satan is using this to destroy our faith.

Joe= well could of the catholics have said the same thing when they were having issues with sex abuse. What ever the situation. They have certainly got issues with it now and I think you might be underestimating just how big the problem is. They are certainly having financial difficulties. They are worse than the catholic church and one day in the not to distant future you may be forced to acknowledge this.

Dad= I think you need to go and see the elders because you are not leading a clean life. I serve jehovah.

Conversation ends. OH GOD I JUST GIVE UP!!!

• Ding
    Ding
    The organization = Jehovah...
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

Cognitive dissonance at its best. It's not just your Dad, its everyone else in this cult.

I mentioned the RC to a pioneer at the hall. She made a face and said she doesn't pay any attention to any of this stuff , its probably not true and any way didin't the July jw broadcast warn us that these are all media lies.

• cognac
    cognac
    It can be INFURIATING talking to JWs... Cripes...
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

"I think you need to go and see the elders because you are not leading a clean life."

Well, shower and shave and go see the elders.

• Illuminated
    Illuminated
    Cognac, yes, the attorneys and judge in the RC were feeling this way as well based on their expressions and patience being tested.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Dad= satan is using this to destroy our faith.

Yes, and I suppose it was Satan who caused the GB to make policies that covered up the pedophiles amongst themselves rather than go to the Police as the law reqires.

• Ding
    Ding

The irony is that it's JWs' children that are being hurt in all of this...

...and not by so-called worldly people but by people in the congregation who are being shielded by the elders out of blind loyalty to what is supposedly Jehovah's happy and clean organization.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I wouldn't have said this even 6 months ago but, it will be apparent soon to the judicial system's of the nations from this investigation that the Jehovah's Witnesses (aka Governing Body) are not only neglectful in the handling of abuse cases they are also contributing to the damage by their means of handling of them. Someone has to get locked up!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    joe134cd...it is so frustrating! Hang in there! Hopefully this will all play out in the media. You can only hope that our loved ones will "see the light."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit