If modern day JW could stone apostates would they?

by nojw86 23 Replies latest jw friends

• StiLLinTruth
    StiLLinTruth

Sweet Ezzie wrote:

>p.s. Is there no way to block certain posters on this message board
    >in your preferences so you see them? Just curious...

Oh, touchy now aren't we. I was simply pointing out that you were in error.. no need to have a cow about it.

You know, that wig doesn't look very good on you.. assuming that's your pic.

-StiLLhere

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

w01 7/15 9-11
    Righteous Requirements

The Scriptures and the facts clearly establish
    that the commission given to the 'faithful slave' is
    grounded in the Word of Jehovah. There is only one
    organization on earth today fulfilling these righteous
    requirements - The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society
    under the direction of its Governing Body. Jehovah(this is god)
    through the Governing Body is now proclaiming his day
    of vengeance.

As loyal servants of Jehovah, so will his holy spirit
    empower us today in his holy elimination work to rid
    this one-day paradise earth of loathsome apostates.

Well there you have it

from the presses of the tower

S

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day nojw,

I have a quick answer to your question: Too right they would!

I recently heard a Bethel elder in a judicial case say to a person about to be disfellowshipped: "If it was up to us, we'd stone you to death."

Ahh, isn't being a true follower of Christ enlightening?!

Ozzie

• mommy
    mommy

That is the very reason I left the org. I could not partake in anything like this. And the countless other things they do in the name of Jehovah aka Wtbts
    Still,
    You are right she is a sweet lady.Your comment about the wig was uncalled for. That was just outright mean! Your christian attitude is showing again. Now go back to the KH and play nice with all the others who think they are showing the love of God. I pray for you that one day you will get to know who He really is. Then son, you will come here on your knees begging us for forgivesness.
    wendy

• crossroads
    crossroads

Actually not a bad idea. If Stephen was her today they would stone him wouldn't they? Look how apostate he was. "Lord Jesus recieve my spirit". What apostacy in that little quote,
    anyone want a stone.

• Englishman
    Englishman

StiLLinTruth,

I thought that your personal comments were mean and petty.

I've also noticed that the pro - JW brigade never complete a user profile, not even a country is revealed.

What is it that you're all afraid of?

Englishman.

• crossroads
    crossroads

Actually not a bad idea. If Stephen was her today they would stone him wouldn't they? Look how apostate he was. "Lord Jesus recieve my spirit". What apostacy in that little quote,
    anyone want a stone.

• crossroads
    crossroads

Sorry for my first posting showing up twice. Still figuring out how this all works. Hey Englishman are you also a MAD DOG, I haven't filled out a profile. Are you putting me also in that catagorey. I plan on going to N.Y. and celeabrating all night ,
    week, month, and eternity long when that almighty tower falls into the river.I thought some of the things we didn't like was lack of freedom of speech and the way the society pidgeon holed people. I agree with wendy come into the light people and let the LORDS love shine in your life.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda
    You know, that wig doesn't look very good on you.. assuming that's your pic.

ROFLMAO! Egad! How totally typical. Insulting my looks...there's a way to make your point
    and convince everyone that you're right and reasonable! *lol* Whether or not I have hair
    down to my ankles or am as bald as Daddy Warbucks has not one thing to do with
    my opinions. But you know that.

If you were trying to upset me or hurt my feelings, sorry. I'm not buying. I earned my wings
    on H2O, and the insults that have been slung at me there in the past actually make your comment
    look like praise in comparison! Thanks for the laugh, Still. That was a good one.

Sincere thanks to Mommy and Englishman for taking up for me...I appreciate your kindness :) Believe me,
    there isn't anything this dude can say about my hair that my JW mother and grandmother
    haven't already said in triplicate *LOL* Love you two! :)

Now where did I put my wigstand...time to take this thing off! *LOL* ;)

~Essie

The Four Agreements:
    Be Impeccable With Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

• BugEye
    BugEye

You better believe they would.

Here is a quote from the Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower

"Questions from Readers

In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?-P. C., Ontario, Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such
    members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated
    for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness
    of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him;
    thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards
    the hand of all the people.

And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought
    to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall
    hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is
    in the midst of thee."-Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being **** limited **** by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent
    with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through
    Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of
    our own flesh-and-blood family relationship."

I put the asterisks in to highlight the attitude.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit