Calling All Bethelites & Former

by somebody 9 Replies latest jw friends

• somebody
    somebody

I have an inquiring mind.

Are there pictures of Charles T. Russell and/or Da Judge Rutherford hanging up at the WTBS?

Are their any pictures of Jesus Christ hanging up at the WBTS?

What hangs on the walls of "headquarters" ?

peace,

somebody

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

I can't recall seeing any pics of the sort at Brooklyn. Somebody else might, but I don't....seems like there were pictures on the wall in the 124 dining room...just of like paradise scenes and what not...there was never much mention of CT Russell though, now that I think about it.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Like B2DF said, there were murals here and there, esp in the dining rooms. Of course, I didn't get into each and every room, but I never saw on display any paintings or photos of ANY real person.

Craig

• somebody
    somebody

Thanks, back2dafront {nice picture! }

I know there were pictures of both Russell and Da Judge in publications of the Watchtower so I figured those pictures are somewhere in the headquarters.

What years or years were you a bethelite? If you don't mind me asking.

If you do...it's too late. I already did.

peace,

somebody

• somebody
    somebody

Hi onacruse,

Seems strange that there would be pictures of paradise and not Jesus too. Considering the fact that the society teaches not to be a JW "just to not die and stay alive in paradise". I found that they hold the "paradise" constantly over their members' heads to keep them members.

peace,

somebody

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Mostly what hangs on the walls at the WT facilities are the original paintings that are used for illustrations in the various publications. Since pictures of Jesus show up fairly often in the pubs, I'd guess (without remembering specifically) that he shows up here and there in the originals on the Watchtower walls, too.

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

i was there from 93-98. 5 years was all i could take.

i need to post a better pic of myself one of these dayz. :-)

• herk
    herk

I was a JW for many years. I've lived near Bethel all my life and was a Bethelite for many years. Yes, there are some paintings of Bible scenes with Jesus in them. This is also true at some or all of the WT's assembly halls, farms and foreign branches. According to my best recollection, Jesus began appearing in some murals and paintings in the 1960s.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

When I used to give the home tour at Bethel, I would point out the various pictures that were hanging around. (Well, actually it was mentioned on our scipted tour guide sheet) These pictures were the ones the art department painted for illustrations in the books and magazines. (Remember, before there was color in our magazines and before computers do it all now)

Anyway, I remember the one picture that people didnt recognize was the Areopagus where Paul gave his famous speech. (to the unknown god) All the pictures I remember were bible-based in one-way or the other.

(We didn't worship creatures, there were no pictures of Russell, Rutherford of Knorr around )

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Joy2bfree,

Thanks for the memory. I remember that picture of the Areopagus too. The WTS does have some excellent artists. Many of those paintings and murals were much more impressive than what appeared in the literature, although it would be hard to find publications with so many beautiful Bible scenes. It's just too bad the Society accepts only some of the Scriptures and that it gives a false interpretation to many other portions.

fjtoth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit