Don't Get Me Wrong Farkel

by Derrick 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Derrick
    Derrick

I am not by any stretch of the imagination a 'Watchtower apologist.' Your recent assessment of me in this regard not only missed the bullseye but strayed so far off course it almost hit innocent onlookers. ;-)

Then why am I giving the Watchtower Society unbiased treatment by (gulp) pointing out their positive aspects not just accentuating the negative?

Easy. In fact the answer is a no brainer that you of all people should easily grasp.

I simply believe in and thus feel compelled to advocate a balanced viewpoint. You know, the type of viewpoint we as once obedient-to-the-WTS JWs were taught that all sincere seekers of the truth should have?

Well guess what Farkel.

I decided to unpackage the deal and take the balanced viewpoint and ditch the blind obedience. This came with a price because true balance means the divestiture of egotistical bias.

Derrick

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

These type of things get a bit like ping pong, don't they?

I serve to you, then you return serve.

Oh well, here we go again!

Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

*passes the popcorn to Ozzie*

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Nah, Pris, you know it's shiraz night.

Now, what pizza topping shall I order in for tonite?

Ozzie

• Prisca
    Prisca

Shiraz??? I didn't know you had some shiraz open!

*puts the glass of cordial back in the fridge*

As for pizza topping... um, what's your favourite? LOLOLOLOL.....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Milanese actually.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ozzie, Prisca,

I alway's hate it when someone does this popcorn routine.........it diminishes and makes fun of someone.

My only question to Rick is, why did you feel compelled to start a new thread, when a simple response to Farkel in your original thread would have sufficed?

I think your comments have some merit, when associated with the thread in discussion. Farkel happened to reflect my view of 'the award' so did not comment. Now by your making this a personal deal, it goes against what you tout as proper decorum in the forum. Hmmm kinda rimes eh?

Danny

• Celia
    Celia

Then why am I giving the Watchtower Society unbiased treatment by (gulp) pointing out their positive aspects not just accentuating the negative?

I don't know what thread you're refering to here, but, please, I'd really like to know what these "positive aspects" are..... I can't for the life of me find even a single one.....

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Danny,

Perhaps in mirth I'm deadly serious.

So as not to miss the point, here's what I said above:

These type of things get a bit like ping pong, don't they?

I serve to you, then you return serve.

You know how it goes: "He said this", followed by "I said that" , the usual routine.

Where does it ever end? Only by good grace being shown and someone or some people have to yield. That's how we get some reconciliation.

I'm actually a great believer in promoting peaceful relations and enjoying the freedom that we can now enjoy.

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 30 November 2002 8:46:30

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ozzie,

***These type of things get a bit like ping pong, don't they?

I serve to you, then you return serve.***

Every discussion, conversation, debate, is like ping pong, thats the whole point isn't it?

Avoiding all confrontation is unrealistic, not to mention boring. It is through these ping pong exchanges that idea's are refined. To eliminate any semblance of controversy, in the interest of peaceful relations, is to adopt a old worn out wt phrase of mainting the 'spiritual paradise'.

"Perhaps in mirth I'm deadly serious" is a little bit overkill in this senario. Don't ya think?

I have come to respect your almost dutiful attention to maintaining the peace Ozzie, but true freedom, true peace, results from a liberal exercise of exchange of idea's, not a manufactured 'peace' we all so intimately experienced as wt clones.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit