Obituary Pioneers

by LovesDubs 16 Replies latest jw friends

• doubtingsister
    doubtingsister

It's true, I'm still attending and it was within the last couple years that this "new light" came out. Just another thing to add to my list....

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Correct me if Im wrong on this yer a sheep but you smell like a goat thingy....even though the Society is saying that the SCRIPTURES sorta kinda say that somebody ELSE is going to do the actual separating and that THAT occurs at Imadeadun...they are STILL saying that you are saved or condemned according to how you react or DONT react to their "life saving message" which you receive at the door. Right? Im pretty sure they still are saying that...which means that God ainta gonna zap your sorry butt right then and THERE but He is Taking Notes every time they knock on your door and is SEEING whether you are doing what HIS CHOSEN have told you to do. Such POWAH.

It says so on the back of your Medical Directive card kids...small print...says 'THE HOLDER OF THIS CARD HAS THE POWAH TO DETERMINE SALVATION' signed. Gawd His Badself.

• outnfree
    outnfree

LovesDubs has it pretty straight, actually. Which means not straight at all, of course!

Thanks to Osarsif, I knew exactly where to go to get the article in question for Joelbear. However, it's VERY confusing! (Why didn't I SEE that -- rather than merely 'sense' that -- at the time?!? LOL)

And now, when I try to "import" my research into this message, I cannot get the contents of the clipboard to paste here. So, joelbear, I'm going to e-mail you the info.

For all you others, it basically says:
    The parable of the sheep and the goats is all part of the answer to the question "When will this be...?" and that the judgment of sheep and goats is yet future. It will be done by Jesus and his angels after "the Son of Man comes in glory." [My! aren't we getting more and more orthodox!] The sheep, however, are STILL those who are considered righteous and who have supported Jesus' brothers (the FDS). They are sheep because they have consistently, over a period of time, rendered assistance to Christ's brothers. "Such ones who are alive when he comes to judge the nations will be judged as his sheep." Of course, "Noah, Abraham, and other faithful ones count among the 'other sheep' who will inherit life in Paradise under God's Kingdom."
    And if you are confused, asking yourself as Paragraph 12 of the study article does: "If the other sheep are now preaching the good news with the anointed and aiding them, why would they ask, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty, and give you something to drink?' (Matthew 25:37)" "There could be various reasons. This is a parable." (NO LIE! I KID YOU NOT! That's what it says!)

And who are the goats? Same as always: "Preferring the wicked world, goatlike ones reject the Kingdom message, whether hearing it directly or indirectly (1 John 2:15-17). Of course, in the final analysis, Jesus is the one appointed to render judgment. It is not for us to determine who are sheep and who are goats. -- Mark 2:8, Luke 5:22, John 2:24,25, Romans 14:10-12, 1 Corinthians 4:5."

"What, though, does this fresh understanding of the parable of the sheep and the goats mean for us?"

Well, CERTAINLY NOT a let up in the preaching work!!! : "While the judging as describe in the parable is in the near future, even NOW [emphasis theirs]something vital is taking place. We Christians are engaged in a lifesaving work..." blah, blah, blah!

Seems to me that the writer of the info in Osarsif's post above got it right. The only thing that this "new light" -- oops! -- "fresh understanding" does is to highlight the fact that the WTBTS is another False Prophet, because their understanding of the parable was wrong all along!

But hey! "THERE COULD BE VARIOUS REASONS."

outnfree

• riz
    riz

dubs,

:Imadeadun...

LOL. You kill me sometimes. Love your work.

riz

• BadAssociate
    BadAssociate

you know i really cant read that wtbts crap anymore without my head hurting from it

BADDASSOCIATE

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Rizzy: I have to admit I stole Imadeadun...it was toooo good to pass up so I passed it along

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

That reminds me Loves,last year we saw some JW's we knew with Lit in the airport. They were standing there holding them up, I looked at them and they were all VERY VERY old issues like some from the 80's! We were horrified, we were faithful little drones at the time, but we're still horrified. The funny thing is if someone read them they could be DF'd for beliveing what was printed in those older issues. SO RETARDED!!!!

Venice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit