Getting away from it all tonight........ fun, fun

by LyinEyes 8 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Many of you know I am a wife and mother of three little demons, I mean angels. And one of those angels is a teenager, with hormones!!!!!!!!!! And he seems to have a few of his hormone influenced friends over at any given time. Then there are the two suspects, as I call them, my two youngest, a girl 9 and a boy 8 . I call them suspects because it take several interegations to determine who did what, so you have to call them suspects until it is proven who did what. This is not an easy task for the most seasoned and trained parent...... it can get down right exhausting. THen you have people that you so try to help and wonder if you ever reach them, and lose sleep at night wondering if they will make it thru another day. What is a person to do............. step back. A good lady,,(joy2bfree my voice of reason) ,,,,,,, told me yesterday in chat to realize we can't change the world, not matter how much we try we can only do so much and after that we have to accept that we are limited in what we can do to help others, not matter how much we try. Well I stepped back tonight.. and me and the hubby went out for a night out. We started off playing pool and ended up playing with another couple whom we didnt know at all. It was fun, and once I got to talking to my new girlfriend on the dance floor, we found out we went to school with some of the same people and laughed our hind ends off at who was who and who turned out to be what......... We were laughing so hard, you would have thought we knew each other forever. Small world, thou.we knew some of the same people and places and exchange recipes ,, it was fun to interact with another "grown up" instead of kids, and it was good to talk to someone face to face,,,,,,, a real life person. As much as I love my friends here, it is still good to get out and meet real life people and interact with others. I highly recommend it , as I had a blast tonite with strangers who turned out to be not that really so much strangers, the lady and I went to the same school, knew the same people and caught up on gossip of certain ones....... we even had the fun of two girls dancing together while the guys played pool.

I just think it is worth it to get to know strangers , even thou maybe uncomfortable at first,,,,,, it helps you to connect to others, and realize how much we are all alike, we want the same things. We talked about turkeys,recipes, kids, husbands, and how fun it was to get out once a week and let loose.

So all you who are stuck at home, don't have anyone to do anyting with,,,,,,,,,, go out and do it anyway........ strike up a conversation with someone, who you feel it is not easy . It really isnt that hard once you get started and I can tell you after tonight I have made a new good girlfriend that will always dance with me when no one eles will get out on the floor. You never know if you will connect with another person, but it is worht finding out. You really have nothing to lose. This is just my experience for tonight and it was a good night out................ I really needed a night to get out of the house ............ maybe I will go out again tomorrow...............Lol. who knows what kind of people I will meet tomorrow............ Dede

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

Dede,

I did the same tonight, got away and forgot about it all and it was wonderful ! A couple of years ago, before I met my husband, I went out all the time, was the center of my own attraction. Now I have this child and the world revolves around this child. I'm doing good if I even think about make-up, let alone actually get it on......but life is good, and kids are better. Geez, we need to get out.....LOL.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

(((Dede))) Glad you had fun honey.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hey there Dede

Glad to hear you had a fun night out with hubby and made some new friends. So you guys play a bit of pool do you?? Are you a shark?? We'll have to have you guys over for a tournament, a few drinks and some food LOL...if only!!! My kids would love your kids....I could see my 12 year old daughter and step daughter playing dress ups with your daughter and my son on the PS2 with your sons....and when no one was looking, my 12 year olds would be making eyes at your eldest LOL.

Hey Andy copied your Wild Turkey husband and he now has a haircut like his LOL...the copy cat dirty rat hanging on a butchers rack.

~Beck~

ps....the last time we went out they called me "Chuckie"

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Beck, I would love to play some pool with you and we would have a blast and our kids combined would probably burn the house down around us.........lol........ but hey ,,,,,,,,,, we are exciting aint we??????????? LOL. The kids would have a great time too......... I am sure of it.

Your hubby looks pretty darn good , girl....... there is alot to be said of those bald heads.........just makes you want to rub them all the time.........lol. I didnt know if I would like my hubby bald , completly shaven, but I can't think of him any other way now, he always wanted to have this look ,even as a JW. Now he is who he always saw himself to be...... he is comfortable with his look and that is sexy,,,,,,,,,, A man who knows he looks good and let me tell you,,,,,, many, many ladies come up to him just to rub his head.......... hummmmmmm.... that is all they better rub thou!! LOL

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Dede

many, many ladies come up to him just to rub his head..........

NOW you have Andy's attention....he wants to know which pub you guys go to LOL *slaps Andy back into submissive position*

our kids combined would probably burn the house down around us

Yeah my son's a regular little fire bug. He'd love to show your boys how to singe one's eyebrows Aus-style LOL.

Such a shame you're so far away But good to know you're going out and having some fun...you deserve it. You should go out and have some fun more often, and then come home, have some more fun.....digital cameras are great aren't they? ..... You go 'wild thang' LOL

~Beck~

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

G;Day Lion-eyes !

After reading your posts carefully, i cant help but ask, Is playing pool a metaphor for something else ??

Also you say;

" Small world, thou.we knew some of the same people and places and exchange recipes "

Now i really feel you are using some form of symbolism here, cause last time i went to play pool, i dont recall carrying my "Barefoot Contessa " or " Betty Crockers " in my back pocket.

C'Mon, jimmi the skinny, what new cult have you joined now ??

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

BATHORY----- What kind of reply is this ?

Whats this about Betty Crocker? jimmi skinni ?

You got something against playin Pool ?????????

I play little Pool myself, I usually take couple

Grandsons in my pocket.

Didn't think those remarks, were at all appopriate.

Searchin50 of the ( GrandMothers With Gusto Class )

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Way to go (((( Dede))) and ((((WT))))

I'm so glad to hear you guys are getting out and developing a life for youself!!! That's just wonderful. The best revenge is living well!

You crack me though, "joy2bfree my voice of reason" hehe, I'm sure there is a lot here who would disagree with that!

You enjoy yourself and your family. Look how far you have come in a year. Don'tcha just love the freedom!

Hugs,

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit