by Seven 38 Replies latest social entertainment

• Seven
  • RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Thanks, 7!

• waiting
    waiting

OK. I have a question:

I read a book about 6 years ago. The premise was: this young woman was not at ease in our world of people. She was seeing a therepist. She either lived near a forest, or was visiting someone who did. A wolf came into the house one nite (I think) and just looked at her. Naturally, it spooked her, but she was drawn to the wolf.

She learned self-hypnosis from therepist - and began practicing putting her mind inside a wolf body. The transformation became literal.

She finally accepted it and actually, at times, became a wolf. Then, she found a whole group of people who did the same - at varying times - and primarily women.

Do you know how I can find the name of this book? It was intriguing - probably because of my background. But it was good.

And by the way, why do women seem to be drawn to wolves and horses? I think it's their eyes. I'm always drawn to eyes - either human or animals.

Except fly eyes - I think they're just a bit too weird....

• Seven
    Seven

waiting-I don't know of the book you're referring to but I'd love to read it! The eyes of a wolf-there's something very sensual about them, don't you agree?

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Edited by - SolidSender on 1 August 2000 3:16:30

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

oops typo - read; intuition and instinct are etc in the appropriate sentence above. not intuition are instinct etc,.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey, SolidSender,

I was going to shorten your name to SS, but didn't think that looked appropriate.

Thanks for the book title, but that wasn't it.

I think women are drawn to the eyes of certain animals because they have the look of an "inner soul" animating. Wolves have this peculiar light coming from their eyes. I know that it is the lighting, eye color, etc., but the peculiar stare remains. That and their solitude make them fanciful creatures. But mostly their staring eyes.

Remember that movie Wolf with Jack Nicholson and Mechelle Phieffer? Same type of theme - and at the end - they really played on the eye theme.

Must go feed my dauchshunds now. They're just cute.

Edited by - waiting on 21 June 2000 8:17:46

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Edited by - SolidSender on 1 August 2000 3:19:51

• waiting
    waiting

Dear SS,

Sure ask a lot of questions, don't cha?

It's the intensity - as if they know something that you will not know. The coolness, greyness, intensity, etc.

Animal intellect, an awareness - obviously not human nor understood - but nonetheless there.

This is the poetic version of a natural color & light reflectivity, and stare of a cautious wild beast. Perhaps that is, in fact, their allure.

The look of, not only intelligence (my dauchshunds sometimes show that) but of an aloof awareness and insight. Since they are aloof - and don't necessarily like humans - we are fascinated by the light trickery of their eyes when they deem to look at us.

They are one of the few animals when caught in a picture look as if they're sizing you up - intellect and all.

Fascinating eyes.

• waiting
    waiting

Just a side thought,

Cats stare at people too - but they look at you like you're the most stupid person on the earth. I know - I have two of those also. They give me that look every day. Twits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit