How to tell if you're from Massachusetts

by ITguy 2 Replies latest social humour

• ITguy
    ITguy

1. The person driving in front of you is going 70 mph and you are cursing her/him for going too slow.

2. The fact that Routes 128 and 95 are the same thing doesn't confuse you.

3. You know what the "Big Dig" is.

4. You can navigate a rotary without a problem.

5. You feel insulted when someone doesn't flip you the bird when you cut them off or steal their parking space.

6. You know how to pronounce any of the following words: "Worcester " , "Haverhill" , "Scituate" , "Leominster ", and "Woburn."

7. You have driven to New Hampshire on a Sunday in order to get beer.

8. You know that there are two Bulger brothers.

9. When someone says pop, you you think of your father not a coke.

10. You know that there was no chance in hell that the Patriots would move to Hartford.

11. You laugh at all of the other states in New England.

12. You know of at least one diner or food vendor where you can get food after last call.

13. You can actually find your way around Boston.

14. You have spent at least one weekend at UMASS. A weekend you may or may not remember.

15. "The Curse Of The Bambino" is taught in your local public school.

16. On Sundays, what people call lunch you call dinner.

17. You use colleges as landmarks for directions (i.e., go past MIT until you hit Harvard. Take a right at Lesley. Keep going until you get to Tufts!)

18. You think that Doug Flutie is the greatest football player ever. (Until Tom Brady came along)

19. You are surprised to find that Patriot's Day is not a recognized holiday everywhere. (I honestly thought it was a nationalholiday!-jim)partriots day isnt a national holiday?then why dont i go to school? i swear to god it is

20. You know at least one guy named either Sean, Pat, Whitey, Red, O.B., or Seamus.

21. You think the rest of the country actually owes you for having things like Thanksgiving and Independence Day.

22. As a kid, you laughed at the kids down south who never got to have "snow days."

23. You know that pound for pound, Larry Bird is actually better than Michael Jordan.

24. You know that the Beanpot is a hockeytournament, not a serving container.

25. You take great pride in TV shows set in Boston(e.g. Cheers, Ally McBeal, The Practice, BostonPublic).

26. You can recognize a girl from Revere simply bylooking at her hair.

27. You know exactly where you were when Bucknermissed the ball.

28. You know that Roxbury and West Roxbury are notcontiguous.

39. You only pronounce the letter "R" when thereis none (e.g. park = paak, comma = commer).

40. You know that "Mass Pike" is a synonym for "Worlds Largest Parking Lot"

• zev
    zev

ha!

good stuff.

zev <---- former "masshole"

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

funny list...thanks for sharing

I especially liked #9 and 16 ... reminds me of years ago...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit