Annoited: Not all their family examples so goo...

by WingCommander 11 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

While I have nothing against the ones that I knew of that were Annoited, I found their family examples a little troubling. I'm sure die hard JW's will respond that this is because Satan is tormenting them, much as he did to Job. :( While that might be true, I also found that most ran their families like Nazi's, and much of their problems were their own fault!!

Example that I know of: Father was annoited, and I must state first, a very nice, decent, hard-working, loving person. No doubt in my mind that he was annoited, so please if any annoited are reading this, don't take offense!! He had a very crappy job and made very little. But some how, he had like 8 children. Yeah, you heard me - 8 children while working as a janitor! Anyway, due to his working 60 hours a week to make ends meet, making all meetings, pioneering, talks, etc in order to be a "good example", his family life and children suffered severely. :( All children eventually became messed up, due to lack of proper parental guidance, etc. There was no TV in the house, no books but WT literature, and of course, no one was allowed to leave, or play with friends except JW's. In other words, they were prisoners in their own home, and nothing more than WT robots for the entire time we were growing up. Hence, all the children eventually rebeled and became inactive, dissassociated, disfellowshiped, did drugs, etc, etc. Also, this annoited one's wife went out and had an affair after 20 some years of marriage!! While that was wrong, and they divorced, this entire family was a complete mess, and while I was growing up they were supposed to be the "good, spiritual example??" Please!!! They are a model of dysfunctionalism in JW society. A family that had an annoited father as head, but that was completely run into the ground, because spiritual needs came first, and not the family. The family was always second, and hence fell completely apart. I guess I don't see why anyone would want to live forever alone, and without a family? What good is making 7 meetings a week, 40 hours of field service a month, doing talks, underlining WT literature, etc, etc, than making it through the end, and having an eternity of loneliness to look forward too???

Anyone else understand what I am getting at??

Thanks, Wing Commander

• Realist
    Realist

Hello Wingcommander,

2 questions:

a) who declares one an anointed? or is that a self finding process?

b) are there anointed woman or is this a male previlege?

• freedom96
    freedom96

I don't think the example you gave is the typical one for "one of the annointed."

In the hall I attended while growing up, this person as you mention, would never had been believed to be one of the annointed. Everyone would have considered him to be more "spiritually weak" than anything else.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Great post wing.

You all deserved a lot better than he got from the WT, naturally your dads character reflected that of his "Mother" the WTS, it breeds dysfunctional families. Sorry you all had to be victims of it.

Realist, I know you address the Qs to wing but I was led into the Org by a female anointed, I also knew more female anointed than males.

She declared herself anointed after having an experience that she said "Wouldnt allow herself to sit down, she had to stand up and pace the floor"....thats unusual I guess as most of them just have a mental feeling of not belonging to the earthly class, they quote Romans 8, their spirit cries out "Abba father", (more like abba "mother") however if they decided to disagree with the WT their spirit stops crying it...lol

Brummie

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Just to clarify, I WAS NOT IN THIS FAMILY. An above post seems to indicate that they thought I was in this family. No.....and thank god!! I only used this family I KNEW OF as example.

As for the questions, yes, women can be of the annoited. After all, as they will be kings in heaven (angels) their sex is irrelevent, as Angels are "sex-less".

WIng Commander

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*wonders if wing has really given this *annointed* thing much thought?*

• Preston
    Preston
    She declared herself anointed after having an experience that she said "Wouldnt allow herself to sit down, she had to stand up and pace the floor"....

She probably had an injury and couldn't sit for too long.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

'Annointed' or not, the above experience is one I've witnessed many times. Mr zealous elder/pioneer dad ignores family, or when not ignoring them runs the family like a JW Nazi death camp. End result is failed marrage and f'd-up kids.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Laughing at Preston...

She probably had an injury and couldn't sit for too long.

I'll bet it be Piles? I wondered why her backside was permanently leaning to the left.

Brummie

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

....................................to all of you whom just luv to pic on my speeling, GET BENT. I am far to lazy to sit here and run a spell check on things. I know it's a little button up there somewheres, but I just don't cares!!!!!!

So please, leave the anoited spelling mistakes, or whatever alone.

Wing Commander (someone tell me, did I spell Commander correctly?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit