Has anyone seen any News Media in the U.S cover the Royal Commission story at all?

by wwjdnwt 11 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wwjdnwt
    wwjdnwt
    I haven't seen anything about this in the news here in the U.S. Do the Jehovah's Witnesses here know what is going on over there?
  • NewYork44M
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Only something like a kangaroo or koala slaughter would be significant enough for the US media to report from Australia.

Most Americans get their news blurbs from Saturday Night Live: USA NEWS

Doc

• millie210
    millie210

Im afraid Doc is right. Even my one Witness friend who is somewhat of a child abuse activist within the congregation hasnt heard a word.

I think it highlights the value of sites like this. If not for being a member here, I would have missed all of it.

• blondie
    blondie

Try GoogleNews, select Jehovah's Witnesses or Jehovah's Witness as your special topic under the Personalize button upper right.

www.googlenews.com or www.news.google.com

I get news every day on it.

• millie210
    millie210

Thank you Blondie. I can give that link to my friend.

• wwjdnwt
    wwjdnwt

Thank you for the link!

Maybe if we all post the link on our facebooks the story would get out here in the US to the JW's. I think I will forward the link to my JW family members. Not that they will believe a word of it, but put a doubt here and there and maybe one day they will wake up.

• millie210
    millie210

Maybe!

I am treading very carefully with my friend. She is mostly mentally out strictly over this one issue.

She does a lot of counseling of sisters (non professional) based on her own story of survival and standing up to the Watchtower to get resolution.

This could be the spark to the tinderbox so to speak, so I want to be careful. I would love her to join me where I am at mentally with this religion but that is a bit selfish. The way I resolve it is by gently introducing things and then waiting to see what she wants to do with it.

• jhine
    jhine

Anything in the British media?. I haven' t noticed anything .

Jan

• sir82
    sir82

The New York Post had a brief article, at least in its online edition. Reuters had it online. But that's been about it.

US media is far too concerned about more important matters like Trump, Kardashian, and Deflategate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit