Whining....

by Vivamus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Who do you whine to? I use my mum to tell all my problems to. I'll phone her, write her, haunt her down if I want to get anything of my chest. I'll talk against her for an hour or so, telling her all my problems, pains etc, and always feel better afterwards. Some of my friends might say "well, you complain to me about life too". That's probably true, but trust me, you ain't getting to hear half of it, my mum gets it all. I was just thinking about it, cause I have tried to call my mum from 9 AM this morning, to tell her about my recent disasters, lol, and she didn't pick up the phone. I think she is in hiding from me, lol. Anyway, I was sitting her, and just thinking that there's no one else I can complain to as much as I want, there's no one else I trust as much as I trust her to confide in. So, who do you tell all your problems to? Or do you just keep things to yourself?

• Prisca
    Prisca

You're lucky to have your Mum. Mine died when I was 11. I have an older sister, but she and I weren't close enough for me to confide in really personal stuff, and my Dad has left me for dead since I was 18.

Sometimes I confide in certain friends, but most of the time I keep it to myself, simply because there's no one around to listen.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

There's a certain Mrs Ozzie who likes to talk to people, especially nice friends like you ladies.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

(((Prisca))) I'm sorry hun, thats tough.

• shera
    shera

Sometimes I write a letter and read it a few times..it helps for me when I feel I have no one to talk to.

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

I think that it might be in Africa where when you have a "gossip" or problems you get a goat and whisper your woes to it. Then they take it out and kill it. Problem solved.

I'll have to look it up again.

(Edit for spelling)

Edited by - Iwasyoungonce on 27 November 2002 14:34:49

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

I have no one but my therapist. I can not trust my wife to keep anything in confidence.

• Xander
    Xander

Yup, another vote for 'no one'.

But, then, years in the bOrg has taught me very well how to repress problematic feelings.

Weird, though... humans != vulcans.

We suppress one thing, everything else becomes exhaggerated.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I whine to myself.............. I get so sick of hearing myself ,, all these thoughts in my head and it is about to explode.......

I try not to whine to much to my hubby, but sometimes I do, but I don't like to burden anyone with my real problems. I don't feel good expressing my pain or worries , I feel like it is just adding to anothers own problems.

My mom died long ago too, and I am the oldest , so my sister whines to me,,,,,, and she does about everything, which is ok,,,,,, I have always been like a mother to her anyway, so it is nothing different about our relationship . I am only 3 yrs older than her, but I always took care of her.

I do miss having a girlfriend to go out and have lunch with and just whine about everything. I have friends here and we talk about things but it would be better if we could whine in person.

• jack2
    jack2

Viv, I hope mum answers soon and you two get a chance to chat. Hugs to you as always sweetie.

As for me, well, I keep most stuff to myself, or I talk with my wife. But mostly, I deal with stuff myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit