The Guardian: JWs let repentant child sex abudsers return to church

by AndersonsInfo 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/aug/03/jehovahs-witnesses-let-repentant-child-sex-abusers-return-to-church

Excuse the typo in subject heading. I'm watching the Royal Commission Hearings and trying to post this link to The Guardian at the same time.

• jhine
    jhine

I just emailed the Daily Express ( British ) newspaper about this .They can only choose to ignore ! but as pointed out nothing ventured nothing gained .

Jan

• smiddy
    smiddy

I Have to eat my words about the distribution of the Australian newspaper "The Saturday Paper" apparently it is now distributed widely in Victoria ,New South Wales ,Queensland ,to some extent in South Australia ,and a few places in Western Australia .While I don`t have numbers , it is obviously widely distributed.

The newspaper devoted a full page to the Royal Commission/Jehovah`s Witnesses in Victoria after the first week of deliberations and was scathing about the religions handling of child sex abuse victims , which was well balanced in my opinion .

"The Saturday Paper " , Saturday August 1 , Silent Witnesses Page 3.

I purchased a copy from my newsagent today.If you live in Australia and you want a copy go to your nearest newsagent and request one before unsold copies are sent back to the publishers.

smiddy

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I would have the word "repentent" in, well... quotes.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    Sometimes the truth hurts. . . . .
  • FadingTruth
    FadingTruth
    I would have the word "repentent" in, well... quotes.

The very first sentence of the article does have it in quotes actually

The Jehovah’s Witnesses church let “repentant” child sex abusers return to the congregation, who were then kept in the dark about their crimes, an alleged abuse victim has claimed.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Damn; I should have clicked on it first before shooting my mouth off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit