All this Bad Association is spoiling my habits....

by WingCommander 14 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Yep, it's true, all of this forum reading, answering of posts, etc, etc, is definitely spoiling any WT habits I had left. :)

Myself, well it started with a tattoo almost 3 years ago. Always wanted one, couldn't see the harm in one, etc. Than, I started drinking wine with my dinner. And this past year, I smoked a Cuban cigar while up in Canada. And lastly, I grew a goat-tee, a rather handsome one in fact. Someone round up a JC committee, quick!! I am enjoying life entirely too much!!!! lol.

What bad habits have any of you developed after leaving, fading, DA, or being DF from the WT Borg???

Do you have any robotic habits/thoughts of the WT left in you? Examples would be: collecting highlighting markers, thinking falic thoughts when seeing a church steeple, praying or mumbling under your breathe after you swear, trying not to think too independently, dressing like a Mormon, ignoring TV, thinking how great it will be when your co-workers are destroyed, etc, etc.

Wing Commander

• JH
    JH

I think that the first bad habbit, is to become the same person, with the original traits that we had before entering the WatchPower.(ConrolTower) whatever.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Isn't going to Canada a DF'ing offence?

Seriously though, my bad association got spoiled my "habit" of falling asleep tuesday and wednesday at 7:30 and sunday morning/afternoon, depending on the year. Spoiled my habit of waking people up on saturday morning too. But I replaced them with the habit of meeting new and interesting friends and enjoying life.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Regarding fallic thoughts about churches....

I can't shake that, every time I see a cross, I think of it being a fallic symbol, churches too. Do any of you ladies get all worked up looking at the long, hard erect church?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Do any of you ladies get all worked up looking at the long, hard erect church?

Hmm, nope. But I do have naughty thoughts about being impaled by a big ol' torture stake.

Robyn

Edited by - robdar on 26 November 2002 13:37:46

• terabletera
    terabletera

Oh I've dabbled in all sorts of no nos from the watchtower point of view. One of which is tarot reading. it's fun and I have NO problem doing so.

I'm thinking of getting a tat myself kiddo! a little one of those asian symbols that mean "truth" so that if anyone does say "now that you left, have you found your truth?" I can say yes and show them that I carry it around on me now.:-)

• Xander
    Xander

every time I see a cross, I think of it being a fallic symbol, churches too

I thought the JW objection to the cross was that it was a pagan symbol (RE; the Ankh and other similar symbols), not so much directly phallic.

And, in any case, the Romans *did* actually execute religious prisoners on crosses. That it was a pagan symbol may or may not have been lost on them. May not, as in: what better way to execute a religious insurgent than in public on a giant symbol of a religion he died opposing! (The Romans were, of course, quite pagan at the time) Or, may have been lost on them, as in: it was the only way to hang somebody that would 'work' and the symbolism of it was completely coincedental.

• MrMoe
  • Beans
    Beans

All ov the above, and more!

Beans

Canadian District Overbeer

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have not even begun to defile myself yet.......thank you very much. I think by New Year's Eve, that should be accomplished,,,,,,,,no wait,,,,, still have Mardi Gras to go to down , in New Orleans,then my list of JW sins should be narrowed down....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit