Question about reproof

by Sirona 18 Replies latest jw friends

• fulano
    fulano

Sorry Lin but that is totally wrong what they did, there has to be at least three, and in complicated cases more...unless you were an unbaptized publisher and did something wrong than two will do.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Just goes to once again demonstrate the 'united' brotherhood is pretty much a farce. Rarely do the local elders follow procedure. They do whatever they feel like, and can get away with. Why not when the flock you are fleecing isn't privy to the rules and regulations of the game? Who's to complain? It'd be priceless to pull out the Flock book during one of these 'trials' and use it against them

As for the public/private reproof thing, usually even with private reproof, there are 'privledges' removed. Normally stuff like saying prayers, mic handling, MS/Elder, demonstrations, giving talks other than the school. Rarely do they take you off the school, and never do they take away FS. Of course, if you are in the click/in crowd you might find that the privledge removal doesn't happen - I've seen cases where several people were brought in for the same offense (a few partys w/ 'out of control' drinking). To the last person, each one who was family members of the elders (elder's kids) were privately reproved, no privledges removed. The non-elder's family? You guessed it, public reproof, all privledges removed - all of them. You could not have made the class distinction much clearer than they did.

• avishai
    avishai

I also have seen two elder judicial hearings

• fairy
    fairy

my husband and i were put on private reproof before we were married and we werent allowed to answer up ......

• bay64me
    bay64me

A 'sister' in my old congregation started smoking again. When she was told that she would be publicly reproved, she told the elders that she would never come back. She recieved a private reproof and did not lose any of her privelages. Fact.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I was both privately reproved in front of ten individuals or more, and then in publicly a wk later in the main hall, I guess being reproved once isn't enough. So I lost all my congregational privileges which only consisted of the ministerial school and giving answers in any of the meetings. However I could still go door to door. That part kills me. Not good enough for the hall but okay to preach to the so call wicked.

Orangefatcat.

• fulano
    fulano

I knew a lot of judicial hearings and procedures were don wrong, but I thought that was because of the new ones in the Dominican Republic, were some of the elders are not very wel educated and very new (4 years or less) in the Truth, but it is shocking to hear that so many has been done wrong in your countries.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

My exwife and I were privately reproofed right after we were married. For the three month peirod I was stood in the "spiritual corner," I wasn't allowed to handle the mics, read at book study, comment at Watchtower Study, say a public prayer (other than at home) and it also seems to me I couldn't participate in the Ministry School. Or at least, I wasn't given any parts during the time.

Lew W

• Sirona
    Sirona

Thanks all. So it seems that although the elders manual says restrictions are always applied, they are not always applied at the discretion of the elders. Again - giving the control of peoples lives to "imperfect" men. (huh...great idea...)

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit