One Helluva Surprise

by out4good3 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Gig
    Gig

Awesome! It matters how we go about it but the common goal remains the same. I wanted to personally thank you for not only wanting to share the truth but being very careful how you do so. You make the call but you might consider, given the opportunity, dropping a little blurb just to make sure his juices are still being stirred. Maybe say something really simple like, "yeah, it was the UN thing that got me going." And then change the subject and let it go. If your friend hasn't clicked on that one yet, he will.

Just an idea

Gig

• freedom96
    freedom96

Be sure to keep us posted. That really is good news. Each one that leaves, will leave a lasting impression on others that have not left yet, in my opinion.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    Each one that leaves, will leave a lasting impression on others that have not left yet, in my opinion.

Too true. At the rate they're going, every JW will know an apostate soon. Makes you wonder if it will make them wonder?

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Out4good3,

You know.....

There are those who prefer to believe what has been programmed into them and for their entire lives will stubbornly blind themselves to the cold hard facts presented to them which attempt to shatter the sheltered world they cower in. You and I left that shelter and now we fight our damndest to shatter that false fortress the others hide behind. Sometimes our assault is met with impenetrable armor. Sometimes it devastates protection in ways we would never have expected. And once in a while, we fire a few rounds into enemy territory that make small yet crucial holes in their defenses. You and I may not lead the charge that uses those holes and we may not know for years that those shots we fired led the way. But that shouldn't make us leave the front lines of the battle and give up. You've got to keep on fighting for what you believe in and fighting for the ones you love. The only way you can say for sure that you've lost is to give up and when you do that you leave your family and friends deserted on the battlefield of truth and once you do that you've walked away a quitter, a failure, a loser, no better than the cult you once tried to free them from.

Mike.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Wow Outforgood

That must have been a wonderful feeling as well as one of relief.

I still have relatives in the org and have not had much success with them. I would love to have something like that occur. I think if one of them did as your bro inlaw did the others would maybe take a look at things.

Well there is still hope I guess.

Outoftheorg

• out4good3
    out4good3
    You make the call but you might consider, given the opportunity, dropping a little blurb just to make sure his juices are still being stirred. Maybe say something really simple like, "yeah, it was the UN thing that got me going."

I did drop that line on one of my other BIL's but he's mentally not ready. He shot it down cold.

Haven't seen him in a couple of days now, but I'll keep you all posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit