I've given my last talk

by DIAMOND 10 Replies latest jw friends

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

As you know or don't know..I'm in the process of doing that slow fade thing. I still go to the meetings (sunday only) just so I can still talk to family and friends. Well this Sunday I went up to the theocratic school overseer and ask him to please take me off the school. My reason was because of work I can no longer make the Thursday night meeting.(But we all know the real reason).

Just another step in my slow process of fading. I'm sure I'll get a visit this weekend from the brothers asking me all about it.

Diamond

• freedom96
    freedom96

I imagine you got a look of "I cannot believe you are asking to go off of the talk list"

Hang in there!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Good for you! What a pain in the A**, all this crap the Dubs are put through.....

• Shakita
    Shakita

Good for you! When I started fading from the JW scene, I just kept getting too sick to give my talk. You know, "Ring..Ring..Ring....Oh Brother so and so, I just am too sick tonight to give my talk. I am sorry but this came on kind of suddenly. Thank you, I am sure I will feel better soon." The last time I received a talk slip, I just didn't show up. They took me off the school then, no questions asked. Kind of the chicken way out, but it worked.

Just think, now you will have more time for this:

Mrs. Shakita

Edited by - shakita on 25 November 2002 13:47:7

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Dropping out of the school is tricky, its not like just not showing up for field service. I told the school overseer to take me off the school "for a while", and that I would let him know when I wanted to be back on the list...

• kelpie
    kelpie

I just moved congregations and never signed up at the new one

• Prisca
    Prisca

Yaye for Diamond

I used the work excuse to get out of the TMS. Afterall, they can't really argue about it - if they do, just suggest that they take it up with your boss.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Just don't show up for the talk......again........and again........and

The TMSO will soon leave you off the schedule 'cos he'll get fed up with doing those impromptus!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Matty
    Matty

Diamond

This is my next issue. No Apologies is right, dropping out of the school is really tricky as it involves communication with an Elder, who may ask further awkward questions. I haven't been on the ministry for a few weeks now, but haven't been hassled yet, but I still give No2's & No4's.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

It will not be long before you realize that you cannot sustain even this minimal level of involvement. You are right about attracting the attention of the elders at this point.

Generally you can expect them to start out kind and genuinely concerned. It is at this point many of us start opening our mouths and saying more than we should.

You will be offered "help" and whether you accept this or not determines their view of you and kindness turns to anger pretty quick.

My advice to you if you want to do the fade is to KEEP SILENT. Try to resist the urge to talk things out to even good friends that are JW's. Refuse to meet with elders, especially elders that are not alone. You don't owe any explanations to anyone.

Path

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit