Memorial: Tribute to Jesus, or fashion show??

by WingCommander 12 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

It is obvious that JW are becoming worsed than the worldly ones. Because they are empty people they need to fill this emptyness and they do it with material things.

I remember when I was going to the meetings and I used get one Bible Study with me(pour person and political refugee from Eastern Europe) an elder said to him dont worry M.... soon all of your problems will end. Armageddon is coming. (That was back in 1993) So M.... turns to the elder and tells him: Since the end is so near how come and you drive a brand new SAAB a very expensive luxury car. Why didn't you use this money to help the poor? The elder said nothing.

But the point is there is no reason since you leave JW or you are an innactive one to attend to the Memorial. Watchtower as usual goes against the Bible by forbitting the comunion with Christ, except the 144.000( which again it is a sumbolic number and not an actual number). While Jesus said in John 6:44-60 that "there is no life in you if you don't eat my flesh and drink my blood" WTS still ignores this scripture.

So by attending to the Watchtower's "Memorial" you are going against Christ and He's words.

• blondie
    blondie

No fashion shows at any congo I went to. But they were all pretty tame and conservative people.

I do remember some families keeping the "I wants" down in their family by promising new outfits for the circuit assemblies (4 (2+2) each), the distriction convention (3 to 4 each) and the memorial (1 each) which worked out to about 8 to 9 outfits which is not outrageous over a year. Each event was usually a few months away from the other.

I remember a sister telling me about the fashion show every Sunday at her old Baptist church. She said some that come from that background carried it into the KH.

Some of those attending are studies and family members of JWs that still are attached to other religions. Some of the older ones dress up out of consideration for the occasion out of respect.

I don't worry too much about how people dress at the Memorial. It's the furs and the diamonds and the focus on expensive garb at the general meetings that have concerned me. I have seen it mostly in large cities.

Blondie (who leaves her furs and diamonds at home)

• Scott77
    Scott77

Wow, good thread but of course old and relevant. I confess, Iam fond of old stuff. They never stop amazing me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit