Post your favorite online Shopping Sites

by Xandria 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandria
    Xandria

For those of you who like to pen pal. I love to do so and have cool stationery. At one point I had over 300 pen pals .o0( Talk about writers cramp).

This place is cool. I got my husband a CIA Mug heheheehee. That will get them buzzing when he starts a new job. ( Hoping he will be able to go back to the work force. This RSD thing is horrible stuff).

This one I am hoping to use to spoil my niece.

For us curvey women..

Xandria

Of I don't like being trampled class. Malls are already brutal. Pushing, shoving.. and yes even fighting. Why does the holiday bring out the worst in some people and the best in others ? Too Materialistic perhaps. It is not what you get as a gift. But the thought that the person put into it. I love when someone makes something. Because I know it is from the heart. An sometimes it is hard to find that special something for someone. X.

• Francois
    Francois

Well, being a guy-type person I have a different agenda so it's:

Cabelas.com
    basspro.com
    barnesandnoble.com

But I join you at:

levenger.com (l love those little page point thingies)

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I am a big "book hound"........I LOVE LOVE LOVE books. *The* best place that I have gotten books from is

www.bookcloseouts.com

Books are 50-90% off retail prices! Right now they are having a "holiday blowout sale"......great deals! Their customer service is fantastic and their shipping fast. All the books that I have gotten from them have arrived in PERFECT shape!

• Princess
    Princess

I love to shop online. I hate the mall after this weekend, it just gets monstrous. I did all my daughter's school shopping at www.landsend.com I just received another shipment from them including some Christmas presents and a new winter jacket for my son. I love to buy their coats and accessories at Lands End because I get such a good price when I re-sell them later on Ebay. Ebay being another favorite site.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I love shopping online. It saves so much time. Personally, I like www.quixtar.com

It has over 10,000,000 choices to buy from.

• Xandria
    Xandria

Ooohh they all look so interesting .

Anyone else to post a favorite shopping stomping grounds ?

Xandria

• Mulan
    Mulan

I have to go with ebay too. Awesome!

Other favorites:
    www.nordstrom.com
    www.roamans.com
    www.bn.com (barnes and noble)

There is another one, with neat little household things. Can't remember the name of it. I got moth traps for my cupboards. Who would have even known such a thing existed? Very cool.
    Might be www.homeimprovementscatalog.com It's something like that.

I order off the internet all the time!

Edited by - mulan on 25 November 2002 15:5:20

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

http://www.half.com for cheap books and dvds; reviews are good too

http://www.amazon.com for cheap books and dvds -- they list used versions of the book on sale next to the new price.

http://www.spottedpeccary.com for restful space music to listen to while I work

• Erin
    Erin

Looking on line is good, but try to buy your things from a local retailer!!!

When you see something interesting, call you local shops to see if they carry it.

If you need to have things shipped, call your local retailer. Most of them can ship to you or to anyone else on your gift list. Some even deliver free, especially in a local area. Ask them! In the US, if the retailer ships out of state directly for you, there is NO sales tax.

How will we feel in a few years when there are no STORES, because everyone has been buying on line? Small independent shops is where you get the excitement and variety in merchandise. If they close, it will be a big loss for everyone. Even a 10% drop in business for a small shop can be the difference between life and death.

Erin

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I love nordstrom.com, & amazon.com. I have to say Nordstrom.com is my favorite though. I love their clothes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit