A joke with an Australian flavour

by why144000 7 Replies latest social humour

• why144000
    why144000

The CEO of Ingham's Chickens manages to arrange a meeting with the Pope at the Vatican. After receiving the papal blessing, he whispers, "Your eminence, we have an offer for you. Ingham's is prepared to donate $100 million to the church if you change the Lord's Prayer from "give us our daily bread" to "give us our daily chicken." The P ope responds, "That's impossible. The prayer is the word of the Lord and must not be changed." "Well," says the Ingham' man, "we anticipated your reluctance, for this reason we are prepared to offer you $300 million. All that we require is that you change the Lords Prayer from "give us our daily bread" to "give us our daily chicken." Again, t he Pope responds, "That's my son is impossible. For t he prayer is the word of the Lord and must not be changed." Finally, the Ingham's guy say, "your Holiness, we at Ingham's respect your adherence to your faith, but we do have one final offer. We will donate $500 million-that's half a billion dollars-to the Great Catholic Church if you would only change the Lord's Prayer from "give us our daily bread" to "give us our daily chicken. Please consider it" And he leaves. The next day the Pope convenes the College of Cardinals. "There is some good news and there is somebad news" he annouces. "The good news is that the Church will come into $500 million." "And the bad news" asks a Cardinal. "We are losing the Tip Top Account."

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

LOL@144,000!

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

Love it!!

• fairy
    fairy

VERY funny!!!

• COMF
    COMF

Tip Top would be an aussie brand name of bread, I presume?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Correct, COMF. Inghams is one of the largest, if not THE largest, supplier of poultry products in Australia.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I heard one :

My nose is so big, movie theaters now sell popcorn in sizes small, medium, large and my nose.

Pope

PS Other body parts may freely be interchanged with "nose".

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

http://www.jokeemail.com/bad.htm

A banquet for Pope!

You're welcome btw.

~Beck~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit