Do You Like It..............?

by orangefatcat 14 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

With all the recipes floating around I thought I would ask everyone if you Like Fruit Cake? And if so is it the light or dark or both with or with out marzipan on the top? What is your favorite brand? And do you like it with a rum sauce or a brandy sauce or just plain.

Love Orangefatcat.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I like it best on someone else's plate. :)

• Celia
    Celia

I love Fruitcake. I don't know any brand.... but it is just delicious. Do you know the German Christmas Stollen ? Hmmmmmm.... That is so good...

• Jesika
    Jesika

LMAO @ freedom

I sooooooooooooo agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Mary
    Mary

BEST FRUIT/RUM CAKE

Ingredients:
    1 C butter 1 tsp baking soda
    1 C sugar 1 tsp salt
    4 large eggs lemon juice
    1 C dried fruit 1 C brown sugar
    1 tsp baking powder nuts
    1 or 2 quarts rum

Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality. (Pretty good, huh?) Now go ahead.

Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check rum again as it must be just right. To be sure the rum is of the finest quality, pour one level cup into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat, if needed.

With an electric mixer, beat 1 cupa the butter in a large fluffy bowl an' add 1 teaspoon of zugar an' beat again.

Meanwhile, make sure that the rum is of the finest quality. Cry anuther tup. Open second quart, ef neceszary.

Add 2 arge eggs. 2 cupsa fried druit and beat til high. If th' druit get stuck ina beaters, jes pry loose witha drewsciver

Sample rum again to check for tonscisticity.

Next, sift 3 cups od salt oar anythink. it really doesn't matter. Sample the rlum.

Sift half pint of lemon juice. Fold ina chopped butter an strained nuts................ Add 1 dabblespoon o' brown zugar, or whatever color you cin fine, an' mix mell. Grease over an' turn cake pan to 350 gredees.

Now poor a whole mess into the boven and ake.

Check the rum again and bo to ged.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Celia, the German Christmas Stollen is the only fruitcake I can eat. I wait for it to come in the bakery every year.

• bigfloppydog
    bigfloppydog

Mary, Mary, did you actually put any of that rum in the cake, or need I ask.

You are so funny. Ha! Ha!

• searcher
    searcher

I am not a fruitcake but you may love me anyway !

Seriously.

I love fruitcake !

searcher.

• Princess
    Princess

I have hated every one I have tried. Yuck yuck yuck

• ring
    ring

BLAH!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest