Comments You Will Not Hear at the 11-24 WT Study

by blondie 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry, acsot, I couldn't drag myself together until Saturday am to do the review. Sorry, for the inconvenience. I will work on this week's tonight. I am starting to feel a little better. I think I will have to face surgery eventually. Ooh, college. I love going to school. I have signed up to be a tutor for English as a Second Language. I will be teaching a couple of classes too in Excel. So I have to get healthier.

An older lady I helped out said that when you stopped learning you were dead.

Blondie (who learns when she teaches)

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

blondie said:

I guess some things never change. Having sex is definitely more attractive than apostasy unless you can combine the two (no offense meant).

ROCK ON BLONDIE; what will I do if you ever stop posting these reviews?? You are just one of two who have received my coveted "Rocks hard like early Van Halen" award, remember.

Thanks for the review, they help me get through the study, when I go.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Once again, Blondie, You have done it again!! Congratulations for an informative commentary. I believe the missing fourth person in the 1930s photo is Albert Schroeder.

Did you find it interesting that the whole technical discussion of 1914 is now relegated to a footnote? It used to be that we would have whole Wt studies in deciphering the technicalities of the date, but no more. Using the footnote tactic has been used in the past by the society. It usually means that they are distancing themselves from a specific idea. Soon, only old-timers will have any recollection of the meaning of the date and there will be no further reference to the date calculation.

• blondie
    blondie
    You are just one of two who have received my coveted "Rocks hard like early Van Halen" award, remember.

Thanks for the award, Pistoff. Yes, I felt a little "inspired" about that quip.

I'll do these reviews as long as I have to attend. I doubt if I will have access to the magazines after I stop attending. I would have to go to the KH to get them or have some unsuspecting JW put me on their magazine route.

NewYork44M

Yes I have noticed the singular lack of any in-depth explanation of the core prophecies, just footnotes. The WTS does this in their books as well. Prophecies had more meaning when JWs "really" believed the end is near. Now they just go through the motions by saying the right words and doing as little as possible. A comment made elsewhere on JWD said that people don't come as early or stay as late at the meetings. I think it is all tied in with people are tired of the same old "soon" song.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit