Did being a witness bring out the best or worst?

by freedom96 24 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome to the board Vee!

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

It might make some people a "better person " but not necessarily a better christian. I found many of them to be extremely hard in their dealings with others. Common sense seemed to be non-existent. I did not find it easy to turn the other cheek when confronted with absurd unscriptural comments.

• scotsman
    scotsman

I have to say that it did give me the confidence to be different. As a child I couldn't give a rat's ass that I didn't celebrate birthdays etc. I didn't blend in as a Witness either.

And leaving made me realise I could conquer anything.

• jurs
    jurs

Both.......... Like lilacs it made me a worse mom. I took away sports ect. because I didn't want anyone to think poorly of me. I worried about how everyone perceived us . It made me better in the sense that I was so worried about what people thought of me that I was extra nice to them. I was worried that if I wasn't perfect it would reflect poorly on Jehovah's organization. I should point out that I was soooooooooooooo nice to strangers but not really to my husband and kids. I rememeber on one occasion telling my husband to F off and then, with my book bag, off I set to the meeting! Granted he probably deserved that but I would have died if anyone from the hall knew I behaved that way !!!

jurs

• jurs
    jurs

Both.......... Like lilacs it made me a worse mom. I took away sports ect. because I didn't want anyone to think poorly of me. I worried about how everyone perceived us . It made me better in the sense that I was so worried about what people thought of me that I was extra nice to them. I was worried that if I wasn't perfect it would reflect poorly on Jehovah's organization. I should point out that I was soooooooooooooo nice to strangers but not really to my husband and kids. I rememeber on one occasion telling my husband to F off and then, with my book bag, off I set to the meeting! Granted he probably deserved that but I would have died if anyone from the hall knew I behaved that way !!!

jurs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit