How did you come into the Truth Brothers and Siste

by refiners fire 23 Replies latest jw friends

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Its an oldie I know.

I remember, years ago, my parents had some people around for dinner that we never talked to. After a while we remembered why we never talked to them. The conversation was so stilted that my father, in a long silence, resorted to this question. "so brother, how did you come into the truth?". Barf.

Myself, the folks joined about the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis. Some dubbie came to the door quoting "they will beat their swords into shears and their spears into pruning shears"...later, sat around the dinner table with the dubbie that converted my folks, there was talk about the dubbie feeling that he was divinely guided to walk down the lane. Our house was hidden behind a mass of trees at the end of a long narrow lane that appeared to go nowhere except down to a narrow stream.He almost walked on past, but a "little voice" told him to walk down the lane. That dilligent little man just had to be thorough didnt he? so there you go. The long 20 years of misery for your narrator commenced.

After this there may be Bible games, perhaps the one where we start naming Bible characters starting with the letter A

• IronGland
    IronGland

I came from the WT cloning franchise er..spawn from the marriage arrangement.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

So brother Gland, you had the good fortune to be born into the truth.(Whoops. shouldnt use that term should I? "good fortune") How beneficial for you then, never having to have experience life out in the wicked world. Born into a life under jehovahs bountious beneficience under the direction of his spirit directed org. Lucky privilaged boy.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I shot out my mothers uterus...*bleh*

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Another lifer here..

I born into it, as my mom was born into it 55 years ago.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

At Ten years old, kicking and screaming. Two months before x-mass, ouch!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

ThiChi - that would be ROUGH!

Another born & bred here - but on a funny note, my conception was because my mother misread the scripture about doing whatever it took to bring another to God. So, my dad said he'd study as long as she slept with him, and being young in the truth - she did. Voila - she's pregnant with me, they get married & he stops studying right after the wedding! lol (btw - she was privately reproved).

RF - w/the Cuban Missile Crisis going on - I'm sure there was a "surge" of JW's at that time - everyone scrambles to religion when the sh*t hits the fan aye? To bad they never came to their senses after the crisis was over. (sigh).

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."Two months before x-mass'...

I wish you hadnt reminded me of that, brother,it brings back memories of little faces pressed againt the windows of shops, bathed in the glow of flashing christmas lights. Little faces looking, longingly, at presents they could no longer have.Not fully understanding WHY they werent allowed to have them any more. Still, its all just commercial greed eh?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Born and bred 3rd generation.

• Eric
    Eric

RF,

How beneficial for you then, never having to have experience life out in the wicked world. Born into a life under jehovahs bountious beneficience under the direction of his spirit directed org. Lucky privilaged boy.

Hey, let's get the Dubspeak right here.

For Brother IronGland, myself and so many others here, "the circumstances of our parentage were highly in our favor."

Now, on to the Bible games. You go get the sisters from the kitchen, and I'll set things up for a nice stimulating round of "Oholah and Oholibah."

Eric

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit