Subliminal Messages?

by d0rkyd00d 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

The posts on the previous topic brought this question to my mind. a while back, i was looking at a website that had so called "proof" of subliminal pictures. What I liked most about the site was it debated the topic from both sides, supporting the subliminal pictures and then chopping it down, leaving you, the reader, to make the decision. The site was closed down for some reason, but it was interesting to think about. Does the watchtower really use subliminal messages in their pictures? i admit, some were a bit far-fetched, but to me, some seemed to be pretty unmistakeable. Whatcha guys think?

"No cool quote yet. But i'll think of one soon."

• dreamer
    dreamer

Hi dood,

Yeah, I've seen the subliminal stuff on the web. I have to say that I was not convinced at all: When you think about the amount of illustrations the WTS has done, and these examples are the best?

I think it is more likely they are drawing inconsistancies which, when looked at very critically, can seem to be other things.

I don't buy it...

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Speaking of illustrations (pictures) in the society's publications, what do you all think of this scripture--and should the society's artists depict Jesus this way?

Leviticus 18:27 "You must not cut YOUR sidelocks short around, and you must not destroy the extremity of your beard."

In time the savage bull doth bear the yoke -- Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare)

• TR
    TR

dood,

Read Darek Barefoot's "JW's and the Hour of Darkness". He puts together some compelling info on the subliminal picture thing.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit