Unified Thinking

by link 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• link
    link

Despite the fact that there has to be unified thinking in the KH, I have sometimes heard brothers arguing amongst themselves over the interpretation of scripture.

One such discussion concerned "the days of Noah".

This Elder was adamant that Noah never did any preaching work after Jehovah gave him the plans for building the Ark. His reasoning was that since Jehovah already knew at that point exactly what size the Ark must be, He must also know how many persons would be occupying it. His point being that Jehovah would not expect Noah to continue preaching to people that He was aware would never listen.

This obviously has some connotations frrom a prophetic point of view and most of his listeners said he was talking rubbish.

What do you think? Can you recall any similar disagreements on interpretation ??

link

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Interesting point "Link"!

I myself have never considered it nor have I heard anyone touch upon the thought of Noah not preaching after the fact since Jehovah had already determined the logistics of the ark.

What I'll do is bring it up among the "brotherhood" . This may be an opportunity to see a "divided" stand on this issue.

Thanks for mentioning it!

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother "Not Exerting Vigorously")

• refiner
    refiner

Doubtless the Governing Body can convene on the matter of whether Noah preached after he started building, if it becomes a matter for division among the brothers.

Right now they are in conference, praying with such intensity that blood is oozing from their sweat glands, they are considering the weighty matter of "Was Jesus encouraging drunkenness when he turned the water to wine" ???

I simply thank God that such weighty matters do not rest upon my shoulders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit