Dubs avoided like the plague

by hoser 19 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

And they parked their stand outside the doors of restaurant.

No worries about anyone stealing anything while they are eating.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    I wonder, how many times, at how many doors, are JW's going to have to asked about the pedophile problem and the coverups of such, is the typical JW going to have to be asked before a light bulb goes on over there head with a "?" inside it? Imagine, Pioneering or whatever, and at least once a day some informed householder turns you down at the first mention of JW's because of the two-witness rule, pedophile cover-up, or similar issue? You can only chalk up so much to "persecution" before curiosity gets the best of you and you start researching *GASP!* online about what the heck people are talking about. Then of course, the floodgates open.
  • Ding
    Ding

You can only chalk up so much to "persecution" before curiosity gets the best of you

I don't know.

The words "new light" keep many JWs from ever considering unpleasant facts about the WT organization.

I fear that the word "persecution" can do the same.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Its really uncomfortable to be within earshot of them reaffirming their cult rhetoric to one another.

• steve2
    steve2

If JWs pull out the "We expect to be persecuted" card, gently but firmly remind them Jesus said his followers would be persecuted for his name (not for their child abuse policies).

Clarify too that Commission of Inquiry proceedings into child abuse policies do not constitute persecution; instead, they are a standardized way to invesitgate and hold institutions accountable for their child abuse policies and procedures.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I can't remember where I read somewhere the other day. But one of the posters on here mentioned that the governing body could make mention that the GT is starting and to send all of the rank and file material things and valuables to the society as the rank and file will no longer need those things anymore. I can see this becoming more and more likely.

They could use the card ''we may be given instructions which may not seem strategic from a standpoint but we must be ready to obey''. That statement can just give you the chills.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Its really uncomfortable to be within earshot of them reaffirming their cult rhetoric to one another.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Being "persecuted" for your faith sounds appealing to the average member on paper, but if/when they actually experience being vilified and - as Phizzy said - become pariahs, it'll be a whole different story.

Remember, today's rank-and-filers are not the Watchtower Warriors of old.

They're way softer.

• DJS
    DJS

The difference between the Dark Tower and The Plague is that one of them is best described as a widespread pandemic that results in complete loss of mental function followed by death. The other one was an infection spread by rats during the Middle Ages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit