50 Die Over Miss World Article

by William Penwell 25 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yeah

Sounds like this is nothing new. Again its due to religious differances.

Similar clashes there two years ago left more than 2,000 people dead.

And this by the same religious fantastic followers that fly planes into buildings.

the presence of the 90 beauty queens in the country has offended the conservative sensibilities of many Muslims.

When will we as humans, learn to be a human being and respect others by discarding old myths and superstitions?

Will

• hurt
    hurt

Simon wrote:
    I think their is a certina amount of stupidity having an event like "Miss World" in a muslim country.

Well, that country is exactly not a Muslim country. It just happens to have a pronounced Muslim
    population. And the sort of Muslims who would burn houses and kill people for opinion published
    in a newspaper live in a part of that country, the North.

Realist wrote:that is one fucked up part of the world

Probably.

Mary:These men seem to have a hatred for women that they have learned from both their culture and their relgion. As far as I'm concerned, I agree with LuckyLady: don't let any more of these peoplefrom these insane, backwards countries, into ours.

William Powell: I don't consider myself a "bleeding heart liberal" or a "red neck right wing wacko" but I have to agree that these fundamental Islam extremists have spoiled it for those ones that would immigrate into the US and contribute to society. US and Canada have got to toughen their stand and make it harder for these ones to come into our countries.

Sweeping generalizations. May be there should be some section in immigration forms that asks
    questions about religious orientation, perhaps specifically about being fundamentalists, Islam or
    Christian, or of some other religion. so a country becomes backward and insane if it has some citizens who are insane are backward in their thinking and actions? Mary, do a little thinking.

LuckyLucy, you want people form that country barred from getting an education in your country? You probably well know how many of the type that wreck havoc would seek an education in your country. And william Powell, please, how could the fundamental Islam extremists have spoiled it for those that may be able to make good cntributions to the US and Canada? You want it to be harder for those that would contribute to society to come into your countries? I'm hopeful the policy makers do not have your mind. They don't, and will see beyond your sort of conclusion.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

It's caused by man-made religion, not God.

Spanner

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

hurt,

You ask,

how could the fundamental Islam extremists have spoiled it for those that may be able to make good cntributions to the US and Canada?

Unfortunately how is immigration supposed to tell the difference between someone that is a fanatical Muslim and one that is not?? What I hear about some of those that were involved with the Sept 11 hijackings, there was no way of knowing that they had those extremist views. So my point was, and I was not agreeing with this view, but those fanatics have spilled it for the majority of peace minded Muslims.

Will

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Spanner,

I agree with your statement,

It's caused by man-made religion, not God.

God is a personal thing and should be left to each indivdual how they should worship he/she. I just have a problem with these "man-made religions".

Will

• hurt
    hurt

William Penwell, you clarify. Your original words, as reproduced conveyed the idea that it should be tougher not only for the extremists to immigrate to the US and Canada, but also for those who might contribute meaningfully to society. Religious extremism should make the immration authorities tighten up. A few good people could be hurt, but there can be no blanket law or policy against muslims. There are good muslims out there. Stereotyping is an emerging monster in this thing about religion, intolerance, and terrorism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit