Discussions With God

by IslandWoman 16 Replies latest jw friends

• donkey
    donkey

I once prayed...turns out I was an ass

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Island Woman... peace to you... and may I respond? Thank you!

I actually talk to my Lord, the SON of God (JahEshua MischaJah)... almost 24/7. Almost. Sometimes "life" gets in my way (LOL!)... and I pay attention to it. But I can almost always hear my Lord's voice, as he is telling me something I did not know... needed to know... or had asked about. Truly, he tells me where to place my "footsteps". It's awesome!

I do not, however, pray to him... for my prayer is reserved for my Father, His Father, the Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies. In that instance, I approach THROUGH my Lord: I let the Father know that it is through that One that I am approaching and requesting "entrance"... or audience. Because I do not attempt to enter DIRECTLY, without going through my Lord, I am granted entry by means of a "scepter" (of sorts) being held out. This is technical, sometimes; literal, others. Either way, I know at which point I can "enter" and continue with my prayer.

When speaking to my Lord, I discuss everything. Everything. Doesn't matter... for my heart is "open" before him anyway. No point in trying to say what is "right"... rather, I have learned to stick to what is TRUE... even if it's not what I was taught by earthling man to be "righteous". Why? Because trying to fool the Holy Spirit... is... well, not a "good" thing. Think Ananias ans Sapphira. So, I do not attempt to "hide" what I am... what I do, think, or feel... from him. He knows it all anyway.

When speaking to my Father, however, I first give Him his "props"; he is, after all, the Highest Being in existence. Before Him, I am nothing but an exhalation (remind me to tell you about that, one day!). Besides, we would follow "protocol" for any earthly king, yes? So why not the Creator of heaven and earth? So, I do. Once I have done that, however (and I do it NOT because He requires it, but because it is how my Lord, His Son, taught me to approach), I can ask anything I want, for anyone I want. I don't usually ask for anything for myself... He already knows what I need... unless I am in some kind of heartfelt despair thing... which happens from time to time. But, as long as I let Him know that I am coming to Him by means of His Son, who "opened" the way FOR me... by introducing me... first, some time ago... and then each time I approach (he, the Son, is the one who lets me in; I have to go THROUGH him...), then whatever it is I ask for... I receive. To date, no request has been turned down.

Now, that might seem like a good thing... and 99.9% of the time, it is. But, by granting me whatever it is that I ask for... well, .01% I ask for something I most probably shouldn't have. In fact, on occasion, I am warned/asked "are you SURE?" Thankfully, I have half a mind to heed that question... and back down. But on occasion, I get a little obstinate and say, "Yeah, I'm sure." Oops! The GOOD thing, is that I can change my mind: I can say, "Ummm, okay, I understand now... and no, this is not such a good thing... can you change it?" And that request is "honored", too!

Just so you know... I am not "special". I am not different. I am like everyone else here... and everywhere else in the world. Except... I am pedantic, as many here will tell you. Details are important to me. So... I learned to pay attention to the details... the "least" things... like hearing my Lord's voice and putting faith in it... and approaching how HE has told/taught me to. And... well, it works. Anyone can do it.

I guess I should "sign off" now... I got my usually "wordy" here. Ah, well...

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

AGuest,

You gave me some food for thought.

Thank you,

IW

• hippikon
    hippikon

god who?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest IW... much peace to you... and no thanks necessary, truly. What I shared with you is what I ought to have shared with you. It was given to me "free"... and so I share it with you. Free. If you still need to give thanks, please give it to the One by whom I know and understand what I do, the Son of God, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, and to the Father who granted "all authority" to him, the Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies.

Dearest Crazy151, RubyTuesday, Pettygrudger, Freedom96, Link, and Cicatrix may you all have peace and may you all know that your prayers have been heard and your sins forgiven. Please, now, g o your way... in peace. Matthew 28:18 Matthew 9:1-8 John 20:21-23 Luke 6:37 Matthew 6:12 1 John 2:1, 2

Dearest Undecided (and dear Hippikon, if your heart has "ears" to hear) may you, too, have peace and may you know that God does hear and does speak: Hebrews 1:2 Hebrews 12:25 John 10:27 Revelation 22:17

All one needs to hear, however, is faith. And one can always ask for faith, for it is not only a fruit of Gods holy spirit, but a gift of that spirit, as well.

Luke 11:13

To all of you, may the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH of Armies and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH come to be upon you if you so wish it.

Your servant, and a slave of Christ, SJ

• musky
    musky

Island Woman, Great post!

Cicatrix, I can really relate to how you must be feeling. Life is definitely not black and white. I was raised a witness, so the world was always so black and white. I have not attended in a while now. Sometimes a while goes by between prayers. I sometimes don't know for sure that God is even listening to me , or cares about me. I get mad at him, beg for his forgiveness, I thought that praying for wisdom would be a smart thing to do, reasoning that if I was wrong in my prayers, then the increased wisdom I would have would help me to pray the correct way. I think I will keep on trying to figure things out, until I die of old age someday. Then we will all know what the answer is, hey? To late by then though.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Musky... peace to you... and may you, too, go your way in peace, for your prayers have been heard... and your sins have been forgiven. I, SJ, have spoken it to you, just as I have heard and received it from my Lord, the Son and Christ of the Holy One of Israel... JAH of Armies... JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH.

Your servant and a slave of that Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit