Sacred cows and dead horses

by BB 16 Replies latest jw friends

• BB
    BB

Whats all the flap about some of you not wanting to see others beat a dead horse? Come on, can you think of anything with more intrinsic entertainment value or raw fun than beating a dead horse? I say, "Those who wish to should be allowed to swat away".

While were at it, some of the "sacred cows" on this board probably deserve a good spanking as well. Think in terms of "The bigger they are, the harder they fall." Or "If they cant take the heat, they should never have allowed themselves to accept the responsibility of directing the kitchen troops.

And while were at it, whats the big deal over age? Should a Nazis who retires to Bolivia be given a pass for war crimes just because he suddenly decides to write a few well-intoned self-help books? Think about it.

It all comes down to culpability and accountability. Maybe some of you fawn over or get all obsequious whenever any of the current or ex members of the GB says or does something of note. Some of you obviously still hold these individuals in high regard. You speak of them in hushed tones as though they are somehow deserving of great admiration and respect.

Sorry, not everyone does. Im all for giving these guys a few "shots" if it makes you feel better. Besides, the geriatric wise-guys at Brooklyn are already getting a ten-percent discount off there "Grand Slam" breakfast at Dennys, they dont need any additional perks from me.

BB

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

LOL. I give the aged respect for one reason, and one reason only: I'm gonna be aged one day, and I want to keep the trend going till then. Fortunately, it's not too hard, young minds are easily manipulated.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Brummie <---- sits back with a cup of british tea ready to observes another resurrection of a sacred cow and dead horse.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Robyn<------passes a scone to Brummie to have with his tea. Sits besides him on the sofa to watch the show.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hmmm thanks Robdar...I'll just turn the volume down a little as this might get rather loud

Brummie (munch munch)

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

BB - you gotta post here more often!!!!! I love your stuff!!

<Rhonda sits next to Brummie & Robdar on couch - has M&M's & TH's strawberry ice cream.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Hey Robdar & Petty...what time does this show kick off? I must have turned the sound down too low and missed the whole episode...drat...unless its late starting.

Brummie (munching the M&Ms regardless)

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

IW here.

Thanks guys and gals, you are some of greatest people around.

Hope the show stays on "pause".

But IW is always on alert you know. LOL Not really, just gotta keep up the grouch image.

Take care and enjoy the quiet!

IW

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Lol Brummie - not sure - perhaps its a late night matinee

IW - sit down, take a load off & stay awhile -

(passes IW m&m's & ice cream)

• Brummie
    Brummie

Wonder if they will re-show it on sattelite? would hate to miss it again...We could all cuddle up again.

Brummie (making the most of all these pretty ladies, its all round to your place for the re-show IW)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit