RC and comming legislation

by Bill Covert 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bill Covert
    Bill Covert

The RC put it to Spinks that there is comming legislation comming out of these proceedings, of which mandatory reporting, to be worked out. Criminal charges for those in clergy positions failing to make the report.

In the post "Contacted by Royal Commission Today" "umbertoecho" stated that she was encouraged to seek compensation for damages. Mulling that post over in my mind I think the RC will legeslate a means that the victims of Jehovah witnesses will be able to gain compensation from the Watchtower much like the Catholics.

I would also think from the line of questioning that somehow they will craft into legislation a means that will make the religious organization somehow responsible for the actions of its agents. So a elder could be jailed for not reporting but also sanctions for his organization.

In a post of mine a Aussie said of the RC that "these guys are a 'iron fist in a velvet glove' " These guys came into these proceedings knowing where they want to go.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I don't have the energy left to claim money. Honestly, I am so tired from the threats I received long ago and a few weeks ago....I just don't have the energy.

I want others to receive all that they deserve and I really mean that. I am an older woman who has developed a way of living and coping. My hugest reward was in knowing the powers of this Commission. I had some little insight as to the capacity it had for serious change. And I wanted that. I wanted the deceptive answers to be challenged for once and I wanted to see how the team unravelled this awfully self righteous religions attitude toward the world.

This is the sort of compensation I wanted. " A good old shove that in your face and eat it sort of compensation." And the insisting by Stewart and His Honour in having their questions answered, then being quite clear when they thought a lie had been given them. Good stuff to retire on in my opinion.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

umbertoecho

I'm new here and don't have much in the way of esteem on this site, and I don't know much about you as yet or the ordeal you;ve been through (except I've enjoyed your commenting on different threads) - but still I couldn't go to bed w/out at least wishing you the best.

A person's home, family, or means of livelihood is his castle... something WT has no respect for. And to attack it is a violation of that person's 'rights by ownership'. If that happens, they are not out of bounds to defend themselves to the best of their abilities. What reasonable person would not stand up for what he/she feels are their rights?

Today's hearing was the best so far. Seeing Angus riled was priceless! and McClellan is tougher than a two dollar steak. These are men we can truly trust. I feel good for you, knowing the RC will take care of you. But they are really taking care of ALL of us. I don't think any of us believed in Dragon-Slayers before this commission, let alone that we would see one in action in our lifetimes. We have hurt long enough.

M

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I don't think any of us believed in Dragon-Slayers before this commission, let alone that we would see one in action in our lifetimes. We have hurt long enough.

Like it Dumplin....another gem!

• Splash
    Splash

There are cracks appearing in the ivory tower that can no longer be plastered over.

Watch out for a new Shepherd the Flock book for elders coming soon.
    And by 'soon' I don't mean in the WT sense of the word, I mean in the true sense of the word.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    It takes good old Satan to expose the ucaring selfishness of Jehovah's(tm) direction.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Bill Covert - "...'these guys are a 'iron fist in a velvet glove'..."

Ironic, considering Ray Franz used that turn of phrase to describe the WTS in COC.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit