Poor JW children again (touching a sore tooth)

by Mommie Dark 11 Replies latest jw friends

• dedalus
    dedalus

Thanks, Es.

There are tons who had it worse, and I still have more good memories than bad, even when it comes to my father. The thing that matters to me is that he stopped hitting me by the time I was 15. He did this because he was ashamed of himself and his behavior. And, he never did anything like that to my three younger brothers.

Last semester he apologized for all that stuff, which meant a lot to me.

It's just that the "beating" mentality is so encouraged by Witnesses (and, I'm sure, other religions). And it's not something you can do in love and self-control. It communicates no love, nor any moral or ethical lesson, whatsoever -- it's just an negative reinforcement of desired behavior.

Anyway, Es, it's really good to be reading your posts here, there, everywhere. I know you are busy and sometimes not well, and when you're gone I sorta miss you.

Love to you and your family,

Dedalus

• Focus
    Focus

MommieDark:

Forget what the mothers say. Far, far more sinister is what "Mother" recommends:

"Modern parents, in this age of delinquent youngsters, can take a lesson from the mother 'teddy bear,' the koala. When baby koalas 'are really naughty,' writes Ivan T. Sanderson in his new book Living Mammals of the World, 'the mother turns them over her knee and spanks them on their bottoms for minutes on end with the flat of her hand, during which time their screams are soul-rending." - 1956WTWR 02 01 095

Good treatment for kids, per the Faithful and Discreet Spiritual-Pimps Class. Cows them into submission and makes them into new unquestioning slaves for the wicked publishing corp.

--
    Focus
    (WHACK 'EM BACK! Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit