whats the name of the brochure?????

by zev 10 Replies latest jw friends

• zev
    zev

it had to do with the "organization" and we were supposed to review it with every new convert, it more or less praised the organization, and had lots of pictures of krooklyn.

anyone remember its name, and if it is on the 99 cd-rom?

i'm doing some research,. and its wracking me brains.

• Matty
    Matty

Zev, it's the "Jehovah's Witnesses Who Are They? What Do They Believe?" brochure I think you are talking about.

An on-line version is here:

http://www.watchtower.org/library/jt/index.htm

Edited by - matty on 19 November 2002 13:23:59

• blondie
    blondie

"Jehovah's Witnesses--The Organization Behind the Name."

Is that it? Woops, I think that is the video.

Edited by - Blondie on 19 November 2002 13:25:51

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

Was it JW's in the Twentieth Century?

• Matty
    Matty

Oh, lord, those too! They release brochures like that every few years or so I guess.

Edited by - matty on 19 November 2002 13:28:54

• zev
    zev

thanks matty, thats da one

• Scully
    Scully

It has this picture of the guy holding a grocery bag with a VERY "fresh" baguette!

Love, Scully

• ChakkaConned
  • somebody
    somebody

lol@scully

Scully,

I have to quote what is printed beside the picture...

"Actually, Jehovah's Witnesses are interested in you and your welfare. They want to be your friends and to tell you more about themselves, their beliefs, their organization, and how they feel about people and the world in which all of us live. To accomplish this, they have prepared this brochure for you."

That picture is of a JW wanting to be a wordly person's friend, trying to give a false impression on how they "feel about people and the world in which all of us live".

This quote from one of their Kingdom Ministrys pretty well clears up how the really feel about the "people in the world in which WE ALL live" ( at least their leaders feel this way and TEACH their followers to be like the Pharisees)

In the 5/99 Kingdom Ministry:

"Some of the food vendors in the convention facilities being used are now demanding that they be allowed to open their food stands and serve the delegates attending our conventions. If this were permitted, many "worldly" people would be mixing in company with us during the day."

So I guess they care about wordly people and want to be their friends, but they don't want worldly people to be mixing in with them during the days that they are being feed all the wonderful life-saving "spiritual food." They want to hog it all for themselves. :-)

I just love how they don't want worldly people mixing in with them, but yet they come to our own houses!

Greatest Man Who Ever Lived Book
    " The Pharisees and scribes treat common people like dirt under their feet. In fact, they use the hebrew expression `am haa'rets, "people of the land [earth]," to show the disdain they have for such ones. On the other hand, Jesus treats everyone with dignity, kindness, and compassion."

Funny how they print nice brochures for the public to see, and then print their loath for worldly people in the publications that are printed for only those on the "inside" to see. The word hypocrisy comes to my mind.

peace,

somebody

Edited by - somebody on 20 November 2002 10:3:11

• somebody
    somebody

I'm back again.

Here is one more thing I'm amazed at:

What they printed in the Brochure for "outsiders" to read about themselves..................

But they try to learn from their experiences and diligently study the Bible to make needed corrections.

What they print in their KM for "insiders" to read..............

Kingdom Ministry 4/93 3-4

3 Direct Interest to the Organization: From our initial contact with interested persons, we should be directing their attention to the organization. While we may be able personally to locate scriptures and explain fundamental doctrines, we are not the source of such knowledge. Everything we have learned has come from the organization, channeled through the slave class that supplies "food at the proper time.

So from "diligently studying the Bible", their own leaders tell them they merely "may be able to locate scriptures and explain fundamental doctrines." As far as "everything" they've learned, it came not from the Bible, but from the "organization".

Let's give credit where credit is due, huh? Humbleness has it's pride.

peace,
    gwen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit