Who Is Held Accountable?

by Funchback 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Funchback
    Funchback

garybuss-

I never thought about this:

Jesus inspected all the religions of the world and their teachings and chose the International Bible Students Association in 1919 because they were teaching the truth. Of course virtually everything they taught then, except the dis-beliefs, has since been rejected and a Witness today who teaches the things that Jesus approved in 1919 would be disfellowshipped for apostasy.

It truly defies all logic. Thanks for another gem to put into my JW archive.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    My favorite Witness teaching might be that the seven trumpets of Revelation were the seven Jehovah's Witness District assemblies from 1922 to 1928, starting with Cedar Point, Ohio and ending with Detroit, Michigan.

My second favorite is the one that says Jesus inspected all the religions of the world and their teachings and chose the International Bible Students Association in 1919 because they were teaching the truth. Of course virtually everything they taught then, except the dis-beliefs, has since been rejected and a Witness today who teaches the things that Jesus approved in 1919 would be disfellowshipped for apostasy.

Gary,

I enjoyed your comments.

As I was reading Gary's comments, the thought hit me that if a regular person on the street started insisting that they were the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy, everybody would know that they were mentally unstable and that person would be committed as a schizophrenic. Having known a few schizophrenics, I know what happens to them when their delusions get out of hand.

Why can't the JWs see the insane delusions of the organization?

Edited to try to fix formating

Edited by - robdar on 21 November 2002 8:49:17

Edited by - robdar on 21 November 2002 8:52:50

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Brian,

I also love the teaching that says that Witnesses will not be held responsible by God for practicing sins like, celebrating Christmas or be held responsible for teaching false teachings, like "this generation" refers to people alive in 1914, as long as they got those ideas and behaviors from the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation. That loyalty to the Corporation equals spiritual amnesty.

Or how about the doctrine of family merit, that says salvation will be granted to non-fertile children based on a parent's association with a book publishing corporation and all judged by the parent's level of unpaid literature distribution and ritual sales meeting attendance.

Thanks for the thread. I have enjoyed it.

Hi Robyn,

you wrote:

"Why can't the JWs see the insane delusions of the organization?"

I think the era of the blind true believer is ending with this generation in the Western world. Some may continue to be theists but the success of groups like the Witnesses and the End Time groups will decline as the superstition of theism is examined and discarded as is the current trend.

I think the reason it (Witnessism) works now is that so many WANT it to be true. The Witnesses are promising immortality. That's a huge claim and so bold as to be rejected by pragmatists. That's another reason the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation wants to keep the people poor and ignorant. Wealthy people are somewhat less inclined to be discontent with the nature of life itself like the Witness poor, and educated people have the tools to protect themselves from the hooks, the pegs, and the scams of exploitive religious groups like the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Best wishes, and thanks for being here.

gary

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

It's really very simple folks! You can't scare the s*#t out of someone who's six feet under. Different story for the living. You can have the 'merciful God who knows their heart' thing for your dead loved ones, giving you the hope of being reunited with them in paradise, all the while having the Armageddon shotgun pressed to your forehead, so you don't dare stray from the flock or do anything which couild possibly be contrued as disloyal to "Jehovah's organization".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit