Masonic Temple Used for Worship by JWs

by blondie 18 Replies latest social current

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi blondie,

Thanks for the information. I always appreciate your posts. Glad you are here.

When I was being raised by my Witness parents and taken to meetings and assemblies, the location of meeting places and the compromises those meetings in those places implied, did not occur to me. One favorite meeting place for assemblies was a National Guard armory. The flags stayed and they were simply ignored. The glass front military displays in the lobbies had literature sales tables set up in front of them. The fenced side lot was stocked with camouflage green tanks, trucks and huge guns on trailers. All seemingly ignored by all.

So, it is okay to clean the Armory restrooms when there is an assembly held there, but it is a sin if the same Witness cleans the same restroom in the same Armory but is paid by the US Government.

The issue of separation as a conflict is no more highlighted by anything in the Witness lawbooks, to me, than the ritual of marriage. A Witness couple can commit, have a Witness minister marry them complete with vows, but be put on trial by the elders if they refuse to go to the Courthouse and get a secular marriage license and register it signed with the State. The State that they teach is a symbol of Satan's earthly organization.

I guess the principle of not appearing to compromise, is dispensed with if it benefits the group leaders.

Thanks again for your friendly posts.

gb

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

• minimus
    minimus

If a person had ANYTHING that was considered religious, demonic, pagan or at the very least objectionable, they were to get rid of it. Burn those valuable books in the fire! If you had an heirloom and it was a diamond studded cross---- Get rid of it. Don't sell it or else it could infect someone else! Burn it in the fire!!! HYPOCRITES!!!!!

• glitter
    glitter

If the building was an ideal price, size and in a good location, that it's fair enough that they bought it, it's just a building afterall - but unless the building is listed (is it called the same thing in the US?) then why on Earth wasn't the floor ripped out and entirely replaced? Why would they want anything to do with the Freemasons?

Of course we know it's because they're disgusting hypocrites - but also as 1 in 6 men is a Freemason maybe they got a *really* good deal on it because of connections from some of the congregation or something and they didn't *want* to remove the symbols.

• sf
    sf

"...1 in 6 men is a Freemason..."

It is my understanding, through research, that it is 1 out of 16.

Perhaps there was a drop. hahahaha

sKally

• blondie
    blondie
    Burn those valuable books in the fire! If you had an heirloom and it was a diamond studded cross---- Get rid of it. Don't sell it or else it could infect someone else!

That is what I was thinking, minimus. Also, it means "out of sight, out of mind," and "appearance is all that matters."

Blondie (he/she that makes the rules, rules)

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

OK 1 in 6 or 1 in 16 that's alot of Freemasons. Where do you get this figure. My son has been doing research on the Freemasons. Very interesting. 1 in 6 or 16 at Bethel or at the Congregation level?

• sf
    sf

I read it here, some time ago...yet that was then:

http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/columnists/mjones/story/56847p-157369c.html

As you scroll:

Yes, Masons surely influenced our nation's history, and by the 1900s the Ancient Free and Accepted Masons (their full title) became the world's largest fraternal organization. By the early 1970s membership had grown to nearly 4 million in the U.S. About one of every 16 American males was a Mason. Finding a Masonic emblem on a gravestone or finding out that an ancestor was a Mason often stimulates genealogists to ask, "What information can Masonic records offer to help my research?"

sKally

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Wow!!!

Thanks So Much Blondie for posting this Article!!!!!

This is HUGE NEWS!

Check out my Freemason Thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39849&site=3

Freemasons (in the highest Degrees) openly worship Lucifer (Satan).

Freemasons teach that Lucifer/Satan is "One with the Holy Spirit" and "One with The Logos" (The Logos is Jesus Christ).

Charles Taze Russell used several Masonic Symbols and Words in his Publications.

I find it highly interesting that, in the last 120+ years, the Watchtower has published very few negative Articles about Freemasons (I think maybe 5), but they have published tons and tons of negative Articles about Catholics.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Undisfellowshipped...

You are so right... The Watchtower has trashed just about every earthly organization for over 130 years except for the Freemasons...

Another strange thing I noticed is that even the slightest mention about Freemasons on this site gets you labelled as a conspiracy theorist... what gives?

By the way, I used to go to the Greenpoint Avenue assembly hall (mentioned by Room 215 above) shortly after the Freemasons sold it the Watchtower...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit