I need your combined thoughts please !!

by Dizzy Cat 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Gads, man, you're describing a full-blown sociopath. He's dangerous to everyone. I'd hate to be in your shoes. Something needs to be done about that guy.

• moman
    moman

Send the alleged perpertrator an anonyomus letter detailing what you heard, let him make the first move. he will do one of the following:

1) Come forth & confess & try to show his sorrow & the fact that it was a long time ago & he has changed.

2) Ignor it.

3) Blow his Fu@#ing brains out.

• Valis
    Valis

First, one would have to find the 10 year old girl, who would be 50 now right?

Then you would have to get her to corroborate.

Then you would have to confront him and get him to admit it.

This seems like a real pain in the ass so maybe another option would be to send a letter to his congregation stating that he has admitted to said child molestation. One would think that the BOE would at least approach him about it. At that point it would at least be evident if he was covering up the matter or needed a little more pushing to publicly admit his problem.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• AGuest
    AGuest
    ARE YOU FOR REAL SJ????

Actually, yes I am.

YOU SOUND LIKE A TWISTED BORN-AGAIN MEMBER OF THE GOVERNING BODY.

Really? I am not sure how: I told this person, who is responding to something THEY were told... to go to the perpetrator and tell him what she/he now knows(?)... and tell HIM to notify the authorities and his victim. Would the GB do that? True, I told her to consider forgiving the man, but that is because we have ALL sinned and fallen short... in some way or another... and want to be forgiven. And all things that you want men to do to YOU... you should also do to them. Based on this person's account, the man committed one crime (that she is aware of), and so may not be a "repeat offender." This person doesn't know one or another about that, for nothing more than one incidence was confessed. True? And perhaps, for some, once is too many times. As someone who's been on the other "end", however, I think that depends on the view of the victim. As for the other man, I believe this person said he served his time, so obviously SOMEONE knew.

THIS GUY COMMITED A CRIME

Well... true, he committed a very bad MORAL crime... and confessed it to another person, we've been told. Whether he committed a LEGAL one, I don't know (what was the "law" 40 years ago?) At any rate, I am of the mind that it is his victim that should judge... and society... that should judge him, yes? Because his act has subjected him to the judgment of those, right? Now, what if the victim has forgiven him? Can we not do so, too? But we don't KNOW if the victim has, until the victim is asked, yes?

IS NOW CLOSE FRIENDS WITH SOMEONE WHO COMMITED THE SAME CRIME

Perhaps they are friends... because they have a different "common bond"... one of a guilty conscience for the same type of crime. Maybe they help one another NOT commit any more similar acts. I don't know... and neither do you. Maybe they are friends because no one else will befriend the man who served time (perhaps his crime is common knowledge) and the "brother" in question feels for him because he knows the "pain" of such an error. Perhaps they are partners in crime and still commit them, even together. I don't know. And neither do you. Unfortunately, I have the kind of thinking that says a person is innocent, until proven guilty... or at least accused by their victim or someone else with FIRSTHAND knowledge.

Now, you might say, "Well, this guy CONFESSED!" and I would say to you, "It would seem so." But, he did not confess to YOU... or to ME. Thus, we've only been TOLD of a confession, right? So, unless I talked to him... what I now know is STILL... hearsay... and that which I received, what "third" hand, now?

But what if it were you? What if someone got on an international forum and said that someone told them that YOU confessed that you had committed some crime/error/wrong/sin? Should I then get on the horn and start calling folks to haul you in? Should I tell the person who posted it to do so? I mean, shouldn't I at least let you speak to the charge against you?

I don't know: I guess I am just not so afraid of earthling man that I can't go to a man who supposedly confessed a same or similar error, tell him what I've heard, tell him that I personally hold no illwill toward him, for I, too, am a sinner (of whatever "rank" you wish to put on "sin"), but that I think he should let his victim(s) decide whether or not THEY do... and he should be "man" enough to stand up to the consequences, if any. But then, that's just me.

AND NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT IT THAT REALLY SHOULD!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that that is an assumption on both your part... and the poster... based on what the poster says someone else says. And THAT one, the one who was "confessed" to... is only going on recollection (from 5 years ago) as to what she was told. How do we know that no one's been told SINCE then? How do we know that no one was told before, but the man didn't have the courage to say so?

People get accused of things all the time... and many... are guilty of the accusation. Some... are not... or are repentant. But if what you are intimating here... that a person who committed such an act... once... is DESTINED to commit it again (although, I think a lapse of 40 years might disprove that)... well, then, I am of the mind that we should just round them ALL up... and either imprison them for life... or burn/stone them or something. Because... according to you... EVERYONE who has committed such an act WILL do it again, without a doubt.

Until that is proven, however, that's another thread altogether.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

I had a long chat with the ex-sister last night and we feel at this stage that presenting the information to the police may be the best way to proceed at this point. They can take a look at the situation and assess the risks involved for further offences being committed.

I understand your points about forgiveness Aguest, but it is the thought at present that many of these people go on to offend again. Once they cross the line and have a taste for sexual dominance over minors, it stays there for life. Many recent studies support this idea. Another frined of mine is working with the West Midlands Police helping proof read a series of reports that will be released in book form next year. It is this other friend who is now involved.

So for now, the matter is in hand.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest DizzyCat... may you have peace...

and may you please know that I absolutely understand... and RESPECT... your choice. It was yours... and the ex-JW sister's... to make.

Again, peace to YOU.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• waiting
    waiting

Congratulations, Cat ----and welcome to our forum.

I was faced with a similar decision some years ago, took it to the elders and the WT said "drop it." There was no evidence other that the two separate girls being molested & raped.....one his own daughter. How does one prove they were raped in secret for years?

However, a Sargent Detective who had worked years in the Child Rape department encouraged me to report it to the local police anyway. Why? Because a paper trail is started. Or a trail might have been started by one or more people previously. The police might have had his/her name come up before - you have no way of knowing. You've also started his name - and someone else may come forward.

It's helps the police stop these abusers & rapists. Your previous post is chilling about him coming to visit you. He might regret having told others of his "sin." Take care - and go to the police, please - pronto.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit