Becoming officially inactive

by All for show 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    What's the worst that will happen if you stop turning in time? If you aren't fornicating on the front lawn, they really have no actual "recourse". You owe them nothing. 
  • clarity
    clarity

All for show ....welcome to jwn.

It is amazing, when I look back, at how fearful I was to stop 'reporting'.

I just phoned 'bookstudy' person & said I wouldn't be handing in hours anymore as I was ill.....and if & when I do......I will call him !

I nevr did call.

Maybe you could just stick a watchtower mag in back window of your car & count the time it actually rides around with you.  I hear a few pioneers do that  ......ha hah..

all the best

clarity 

• smiddy
    smiddy

They wouldnt shun me because of it so that isn`t a concern  .

Oh really ?

Come back and talk to us after they do 

smiddy

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

What happens when you stop turning in time varies widely depending on your local congregation and elders. I'd suggest not turning in time now and see what happens. If you get a call, make up some numbers.

Seeing how something like this plays out now, can help you plan your fade going forward.

BTW, in my case, I stopped attending and turning in time when I moved away. My cards should still be in that congregation... although I wouldn't be surprised if they were 'lost' between CO visits... as the congo secretary I found that an effective way to "simplify" for the next CO report with the inactives just disappearing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit