What am I missing???

by link 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

What you are seeing is Cognitive Dissonance. To remain happy and a witness, the average Witness has to hold conflicting views at the same time, and somehow accommodate them. To tear them away from their "comfort zone" is traumatic, and the harder you try and get them recognize their error, the harder they will fight you. Sometimes they just go "oh, well" and change the subject.

A kinder, slower approach is to gently ask leading questions. How about:

1. It is admirable that so many witnesses are sharing the good news world wide. You must receive a lot of resistance from the worldly folk.
    2. What is the good news?
    3. But I thought the good news is that Jesus died for us, and we are free from our sins.

Of course, you are going to have to listen to a lot of blather before you get to question 3. And don't worry about trying to win the argument. Just give him something to think about.

Edited by - jgnat on 19 November 2002 12:57:52

Edited by - jgnat on 19 November 2002 12:58:24

• meadow77
    meadow77

First of all I would like to know how do the JW's get away with referring to themselves as "spititual Jews" As they are so fond of pointing out that words such as trinity do not appear in the bible, nor does spiritual jews. We are all allowed through God's grace to enter into his kingdom, but clearly through his promise to abraham the Jews (not spiritual) are his chosen people. To me that's like saying I am a spiritual african american. It doesn't work that way. Every other theologian and christian organization recognizes that the 144,000 are explicitly referring to the tribes of Isreal. There is no way around that as far as I can see. Also though, what is meant by Borg. I have read many refer to that, and I don't understand what it means.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, Meadow77, and welcome. Nice meeting you in chat. You have to be a Trekkie fan to appreciate the term "Borg". Kind of a play on words for Org, Organization, Jehovah's spirit led Organization, referring to the depressing sameness required of the rank and file. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. Also, check out the thread, Apostate Terminology, and JW Buzz Words and Phrases.

Edited by - jgnat on 19 November 2002 15:35:37

• emancipated
    emancipated

I too would like more info from the wts where they admit they are preaching a different Gospel. I asked my PO if he thought we were teaching the same gospel and he said we were.

• meadow77
    meadow77

Thanx JG for the heads up. I'm still laughing! The witchtower Babble and Crap Society was my fave. I have one more question, if anyone could help, What's all the reference to a two door car being bad?

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

A two door car would make it more difficult to go out in field service in. The people who have to sit in back have a harder time getting in and out. And we must always put kingdom interests first! Two door cars are for those who are spiritually weak (said with tongue firmly in cheek for those who are sarcastically impaired) LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit