Wasted Time

by JH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Do you feel as if you spend too much time on the computer. Only 10 years old, and it changed the life style of many. Spending so much time on the computer surfing here and there, do you feel as if your actually are wasting your precious time? Are you addicted to it?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Yes

Although, if I wasn't on the computer, I'd probably be watching tv, and that's even more of a time-waster.

Being a single person with few non-jw friends, it is a way of establishing contact with people and having some company at times when I would otherwise be lonely.

• ugg
    ugg

it is alot of company for me,,,,,i would be really lonesome with out it.....

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Definitely!

Prisca, get out of your house and start enjoying life. You're too young to be sitting at home with a computer as your companion.

• JH
    JH

Yes, I do enjoy it also, but do you think your missing out on something, like taking a walk, or being outside taking fresh air rather than be in front of this computer screen 5 or 6 hours a day. Time passes so fast in front of the computer. Even my cat finds I'm spending too much time in front of the computer. She lets me know by meowling all she can until I give her a little attention. I finally give in and shut the computer and take care of my cat like she wants.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Well, I'm not an outdoorsy person, so I'm not missing out on anything, cos if I didn't have the computer, I'd be watching tv or reading a magazine or a newspaper. By the time I get home from work each day, and cook dinner and wash up, it's about 7-7.30pm, and it's too late to take a walk or whatever.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Im a very outdoorsy person. I have to be careful not to stay on too long...but also i feel it saves me alot of time ...when i have research to do.

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

It's true, I'm addicted to this place. Before this one, I spent a year on another site designed for former Jw's. I tried to stay away, but just couldn't. I will admit after this amount time it's getting easier to admit another addication. Damn, I've so many of them...keeping one or two doesnt' sound harmful does it.

Here too, I could probably get more things accomplished, but I'm so organized it makes me sick at times; so coming and making my self relax at the computer isn't always an easy task either. And ya know what? I really do begin thinking of others that post here so want to check in. Ah, I'm just a softie.

So,sir, what are you going to be doing over the holiday season? Inquiring minds want to know.

Granny

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i wish we all lived closer together!! could you imagine the good times we could have??!??!

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Prisca, 7:30 PM is too late? I've taken walks around my town anywhere from one to six in the morning at times.

OTOH, at times I do spend too much time on the PC, mainly here. Information overload but you're bound to find something interesting. Sometimes though it's pushed back meals, medicines, and sleep from when they should be.

Edited by - Kingpawn on 17 November 2002 3:9:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit