Misheard Lyrics

by Brummie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

Sam Cooke:

He said - so don't forget who's taking you home and in whose arms you're gonna be...

I heard - so don't forget whose taking you home and vittles on you're gonna be...

The Pledge

It says - One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all

I said - One naked individual, with liberty and justice for all

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Big tex, you're not the only one. I used to mistake it as saying that also, so did my cousin.

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

TR..I thought the same (kiss this guy) for sooo long until someone told me i was singing it wrong.

The "wrapped up like a douche song" was another one.
    Glad I'm not the only one.

All the others are sooooo funny!!!!LOL

• alfie
    alfie

Right now I'm listening to ELO "Blinded By the Light" and I too always thought the lyrics were: "wrapped up like a douche" which is not so bad when you are alone, but when you're singing karaoke, it's pretty embarassing. Glad I finally learned the proper words. Thanks a heap.

alfie

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Creedance Clearwater Revival
    I thought the lyrics were bathroom on the right
    Actually it was bad moon on the rise

Try it out. I think I was right.

I have a bootlegged concert performance in which John Fogarty clearly sings, "there's a bathroom on the right". I suspect that this particular mis-hearing had become so widespread that, as a joke, he started to actually sing it that way sometimes.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

When I was five my evil older sister would corrupt me with her satan music. Anyway, I used to sing AC/DC's Dirty Deeds song...only I would sing "Dirty Deeds and the dunder cheif" instead of dirty deeds done dirt cheap. Ooops.

Anywho, I was talking to my friend the other day who is in a band, he sings back up vocals. Apparantly he has been singing the wrong words to their own songs this whole time and just noticed it the other day when he was typing up the lyrics for their latest demo. That cracked me up.

• jack2
    jack2

Joanna, that is funny.

Yerusalem, I had the same problem with that lyric too.

And yeah, the Manfred Mann song was always a laugh too.

• COMF
    COMF

Here's one that still sounds the way I misheard it, even after I know the right lyrics.

All Along the Watchtower, the Jimi Hendrix version (no problem understanding author Bob Dylan):

True lyrics:
    Businessmen, they drink my wine
    Plowmen dig my earth
    None of them along the line
    Know what any of it is worth

Now, I formally challenge you to listen to the Jimi Hendrix version of this and tell me truthfully that you don't hear him singing:

Businessman there, drink my wine
    Come and dig my herb
    None will level on the mind
    Nobody argued it's worth

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/fredsaw/Files/digmyherb.mp3

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, when I was a kid and we used to sing "America", I understood the line, "From sea to shining sea" to be "From sea to Chinese sea" (which made perfect sense to me... China was over there across that sea, after all).

Edited by - COMF on 16 November 2002 23:42:8

Edited by - COMF on 16 November 2002 23:46:27

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit