WHY I HAVE A DOG

by target 24 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

Dogs don't turn into teenagers. They don't care about clothing styles. They don't get depressed about friends. They are very forgiving. They don't think their "parents" are stupid. They don't get drivers licenses. They don't watch TV or use the computer.(Well, not a lot anyhow), they are happy with a few chew toys.

My son's siblings were all dogs and cats and assorted other critters.

We needed at least one kid to have grandchildren ( got 2 little grandsons) Grand dogs and grand cats just aren't the same thing.

Grandma Target

Edited by - target on 15 November 2002 15:43:21

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

My first child is an 11-year-old basset hound. My youngest child is a 4-month-old basset hound. The two kids in between are human. My daughter has sagely noted that the only ones in the house with brown eyes are me and the dogs, so Big Tex says they're my kids from a previous marriage! It's a lot of fun watching all four of them interact. The old guy tries hard to maintain his dignity, but he's rediscovering how to play now that we have a baby in the house. I love dogs! Kids, too!

Nina

• Robdar
    Robdar

Animals won't turn on you like people. They certainly won't gossip or slander you. The don't hate you because you are better looking or have more money or a better career than them. They don't tell you to build a bridge and get over it when you are sad. Theydon't steal your credit cards and go on shopping sprees. They don't drink the last beer or steal your cigarettes. They don't run off with your boyfriend except to "go for a walkie".

That is why most of my friends are animals

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

LOL at Target and Cruzen............I have 2 dogs too, and two kittens. Five humans four critters in our house and we all have brown eyes.......hehehe.

I think my black lab gets depressed when her "daddy" goes off to work, she sulks around until he gets home. I have a pug, who loves playing with the kids and is my baby.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Animals won't turn on you like people. They certainly won't gossip or slander you. The don't hate you because you are better looking or have more money or a better career than them. They don't tell you to build a bridge and get over it when you are sad. Theydon't steal your credit cards and go on shopping sprees. They don't drink the last beer or steal your cigarettes. They don't run off with your boyfriend except to "go for a walkie".

That is why most of my friends are animals

AMEN!

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

A dogs time in the bathroom is limited to a quick drink from the toilet. Dogs think farts are funny and no dog ever bought a Barbara Streisand CD.

-BONEZZ

• Robdar
    Robdar

Dogs think farts are funny

It's true! Dogs do think farts are funny.

Robyn

• target
    target

Quote from Mark Twain:

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. That is the principal difference between a man and a dog."

That is why dogs do not become JWs. They could never back stab, slander and shun you. And yet they put up with us while we were JWs. Dogs are amazing.

I did have one once who drank beer and if a glass of brandy were on the coffee table he would dangle his tongue in it. I don't recall him taking any cigarettes, but then maybe we just didn't notice. He had a very good sense of humor but I don't recall him laughing at any farts either. He was a german shepherd who learned how to turn door knobs and we couldn't keep him in the apartment.

Target

• Shakita
    Shakita

cat lover very quietly sneaks in and whispers.....sshhhhh..............i love cats

cat lover very quietly sneaks away unnoticed....

cat lover loves to crash dog threads

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Dogs do think farts are funny.

Robyn

You said fart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit