Opinions on Christian Churches and tithing 10% inc

by nowaytess 30 Replies latest jw friends

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

I just wanted to get an opinion here from EXJWS on the subject. Ministering to them it is a very big issues. It can't be ignored because it is all over. Even those who have no inking for Christianity know about how a Chrisitan is suppose to pay 10%.

I don't think you read we have spoken to our chruch and they still push.

If we confront our leadership with Scriptures suddenly, it becomes a principle not a requirement. What just happened here?

Clash, it is not only TV preachers, minstries but chruches on the local level which push the issue. Many XJWS as you can see don't see it being applied to the Christianity but Part of the Mosiac Law code.

Clash do you think XJWS have a hard time with the subject? I can see they do and for a good reason. Christians tell me being XJWS is to blame I am not understand fully and must trust God. Not the fact we search the scriptures mind you.

Clash, have you ever heard a Pastor who blame the reason why thier church checks bounce is because congregation does not tithe the way they should? Or not pay bills church has incurred? Have you ever call a Christian on the phone, knowing they are not only bouncing checks but refuse to pay for them because "they have to pay their tithes? " Or not pay thier bills or credit card bills they are racking up? I have heard these converstations plus question my own leadersip on ths issue.

Now the "Christians" are walking into bankruptcy court, asking the Worldly Judges to relieve them from their debts. How does it look when the person say "We must pay our tithes." If they are asking Worldly Judges ti grant these Chrisitans relief from thier worldly debtors, how does it make a witness for Christ.

Many belive if they give 10% they will be automaticly blessed. They see the TV preachers living in a life of exceeding luxury. Our former Paster has a 175,000 home where the average home is 50,000 or less. All these guys drive luxury vehichles while the congregation memebers just struggle to survive. If they congregation see the wealth of these men, why can they not believe they can also be weathly?

Most Chrisitian can't explain what they belive and why, but they can point and quote scriptures in the Old Testamant on Tithing? I just wonder why is this? It is because they are not teaching the Word of God to their sheep, but are insuring thier own incomes. Clash, am I telling the truth on this issue or not?

My husband and I looked into and know is does not apply for Christian for it was done away with when the Law code was. Why are local preachers and Tv preaches making Christians keep part of the Law which only benifits preachers when telling them to disregurad the Sabbath and other Law related things. YOu either keep the Law or you live by Grace. I know Jesus has given us grace,

Deep down Clash if a person feels they want to donate 10% tithe it is between them and God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit