WTS and CHARITABLE PLANNING

by MacHislopp 11 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,
    Since the subject seems to interest many among you,

here is the 1999 “ information” about contributions.

w. 1.11.99 p. 23
    [Box on page 22]
    Ways in Which Some Choose to Give

CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE WORLDWIDE WORK

MANY set aside, or budget, an amount that they place in the contribution boxes labeled “Contributions for the Society’s Worldwide Work—Matthew 24:14.” Each month congregations forward these amounts either to the world headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, or to the local branch office.
    Voluntary donations of money may also be sent directly to the Treasurer’s Office, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, New York 11201-2483, or to the Society’s office that serves your country. Jewelry or other valuables may be donated as well. A brief letter stating that such is an outright gift should accompany these contributions.
    CONDITIONAL-DONATION ARRANGEMENT
    Money may be given to the Watch Tower Society under a special arrangement in which, should the donor have a personal need, the donation will be returned to him. For more information, please contact the Treasurer’s Office at the address noted above.
    CHARITABLE PLANNING
    In addition to outright gifts of money and conditional donations of money, there are other methods of giving to benefit Kingdom service worldwide. These include:
    Insurance: The Watch Tower Society may be named as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or in a retirement/pension plan.
    Bank Accounts: Bank accounts, certificates of deposit, or individual retirement accounts may be placed in trust for or made payable on death to the Watch Tower Society, in accord with local bank requirements.
    Stocks and Bonds: Stocks and bonds may be donated to the Watch Tower Society either as an outright gift or under an arrangement whereby income continues to be paid to the donor.
    Real Estate: Salable real estate may be donated to the Watch Tower Society either by making an outright gift or by reserving a life estate to the donor, who can continue to live therein during his or her lifetime. One should contact the Society before deeding any real estate to the Society.
    Wills and Trusts: Property or money may be bequeathed to the Watch Tower Society by means of a legally executed will, or the Society may be named as a beneficiary of a trust agreement. A trust benefiting a religious organization may provide certain tax advantages.
    As the term “charitable planning” implies, these types of donations typically require some planning on the part of the donor. To assist individuals desiring to benefit the Society through some form of charitable planning, the Society has prepared an English-language brochure entitled Planned Giving to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide. The brochure was written in response to the many inquiries the Society has received regarding gifts, wills, and trusts. It also contains additional useful information on estate, financial, and tax planning. And it is designed to help individuals in the United States who are planning to make a special gift to the Society now or to leave a bequest at death to select the most advantageous and efficient method in the light of their family and personal circumstances. This brochure may be obtained by requesting a copy directly from the Charitable Planning Office.
    After reading the brochure and conferring with the Charitable Planning Office, many have been able to assist the Society and at the same time, maximize the tax benefits of doing so. The Charitable Planning Office should be informed of and receive a copy of any relevant document pertaining to any of these arrangements. If you are interested in any of these charitable planning arrangements, you should contact the Charitable Planning Office, either in writing or by telephone, at the address listed below or at the Society’s office that serves your country.
    CHARITABLE PLANNING OFFICE
    Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania
    100 Watchtower Drive, Patterson, New York 12563-9204
    Telephone: (914) 306-1000
    [Pictures on page 23]
    The activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses are supported by voluntary donations."

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• LDH
    LDH

THANKS! MacHislopp!

Could you possibly get me the name of the HNIC (JT will know what this is-lol) of Estate Planning?

That way I will know who to personally sue when my parents die and leave everything to Crooklyn.

On second thought, don't worry about it, I'll just protest the ENTIRE will. If it takes every last penny I have, those #(@*#@)@ will NOT get my childhood and my parents estate too!

• TR
    TR

Leave it to the WTS to figure out every last avenue for sucking the r&f's pockets dry.

I wonder, there's gotta be a savvy hacker out there somewhere that can break into the WTS's bank accounts and redistribute funds to deserving ones. Do the ol Robin Hood number on 'em!

TR

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

"Planned Giving to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide. The brochure was written in response to the many inquiries the Society has received regarding gifts, wills, and trusts. It also contains additional useful information on estate, financial, and tax planning"

THis is the extent of letting the R&F know for the whole year about the annuity.
    The fella in the office over there said they dont advertise, but this is available to anyone. BUT THEY HAVE TO ASK, one would wonder how you would ask if you dont know.

A two line staement in a magazine once a year leaves me less than satisfied.

the statement form the fella, "WE are not trying to hide anything"

was just over the top..

more needs to be done here!
    S

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everybody,

I'm sure you are aware that
    in certain countries those pages- in the november issue -
    are NOT published. In few words everything mentioned in
    my post under :CONDITIONAL DONATION ... and the rest
    do not appear. The reason is that in certain nations that
    kind of ...is most probably forbidden!

Agape to you all, J.C.MacHislopp

*stephen20 : thanks for your comments.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

this just in

Australia 02/01
    http://www.cdi.gov.au/html/search.asp

it seems the charitable fellows are lobbying for TAX exemptions
    from there submission for tax exempt charitable doantion.....

"Jehovah’s Witnesses and the Society do not carry on any commercial activities to raise funds or obtain support for any of their charitable activities. They rely solely on voluntary contributions which are, for the most part, made by members of the congregations. They believe that they ‘must love their neighbour as themselves’ and therefore have a moral and Scriptural obligation to help their fellowman.

Donations to the Society are not tax-deductible, even when they are made for disaster relief or church building. We believe that more funds would be available if donations of reasonably large amounts "for the advancement of religion" were tax-deductible."

_________

Ah yes Reasonbly large amount s

you will also notice that in this brief there is a statement regarding their international activites

"Issues Regarding Definitions Used in Australia Compared to Other Countries

The Society is not an international organization having branches in other countries. However, Jehovah’s Witnesses are worldwide, and a different not-for-profit organization is registered in each country. The structures of these corporations vary according to the laws applying in each country. In some countries, such as the United States of America and New Zealand, donors to our religious organizations are exempt from gift duty and may claim tax deductions for donations made to the church.
    In some countries, we are limited by the fact that funds received cannot be distributed to another country, thus preventing an international support arrangement. Although this has, at times, proven to be inconvenient, it has not unduly hampered our work."

INQUIRY INTO THE DEFINITION OF CHARITIES AND RELATED ORGANISATIONS

A Submission by
    the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia
    on behalf of
    Jehovah’s Witnesses in Australia
    February, 2001

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

thanks for the comments.

*stephenw20: Great , I'll search the link and let you know.
    BTW, you did confirm what I wrote: in certain
    countries even pages like the nov. issue are
    not allowed...for income tax reason.

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• riz
    riz

:Salable real estate may be donated to the Watch Tower Society either by making an outright gift or by reserving a life estate to the donor, who can continue to live therein during his or her lifetime.

Wow. They will let you continue to live there. How generous. [8>] It's good to know that they will accept jewelry too. I can't help but wonder, if a person wills their posessions to the society, gets disfellowshipped, and dies before changing their will, will the society still accept this person's assets? My money is on "YES."
    But would they say a greeting to this person? O.K. now I'm irritated. Greedy bastards.

riz

riz

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

RIZ,
    YEP DIRTY LOW DOWN ~BASTARDES~ i

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello riz,

great, great ! Thanks for your comment.

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this