? re door to door JWs

by truthsetsfree 19 Replies latest jw friends

• david_10
    david_10

Hello Truthsetfree. Welcome to the board. Everyone has pretty much covered all the bases and I think that you'd better prepare yourself for more return visits. You are truly a sheep, or at least that is how you are being percieved. All had excellent comments, but I think that Blondie and Capra are probably on the mark : you're either being prepared for the next step of indoctrination or "C" stole you. Either way, I think that you're quite the buzz at the kingdom hall right now. However, I would like to mention one thing that no one has touched on yet : Be careful. You think that you are in complete control. But I've seen people who, even being sometimes violently opposed, were gradually sucked in by that infernal, relentless logic that's like the incessant dripping of a faucet. It's designed to wear you down and make you start seeing the "truth", and it works. Actually, I've seen it happen many times, and we sure would hate to see you sharing your experience at the next district assembly. And I'm serious. Check around, and I think you'll find others who can verify this and maybe even tell you how it happened to them. So be careful------------in a way, you're playing with fire.

Again................Welcome to the board---------------we're glad to have you.

David

Edited by - david_10 on 14 November 2002 9:12:32

• benext
    benext

They are there to:

1. Count time

2. Count literature placed

3. Count a Bible study

4. They will keep coming in one form or another until you tell them not to.

• TR
    TR

blondie,

to have you meet a variety of people from the local congregation. Thus, when you eventually decide to visit and continue your Bible education, you will feel comfortable having met several Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'm not familiar with this strategy at all. Most 'hovahs I knew jealously gaurded their return visits, and would only introduce them to new people:

a. when with someone different out in service

b. when the 'hovah actually brings the "study" to a meeting to show off.

However, like Truthsetfree said, calling out the appropriate troops does happen. For instance:

a. when a single woman calls on a man, she should direct the "interested one" to a male 'hovah and vise versa

b. 'hovah is too dumb and sends brother or sister "smart" to do the job.

TR

• blondie
    blondie

TR, that is the official WTS dogma in the Kingdom Manifesto. Of course, people at the KH practice something else.

Blondie (who wouldn't expose anyone any more to the "loving" actions of people at the Kingdom Hall)

• sf
    sf

"Never lose sight of the fact that the purpose of their visit is to make you question YOUR faith - they already beleive that you are in the wrong, and their mission is to convince you of that."

Bingo! They are not concerned WITH you, they are solely concerned about pleasing the Masters and their 'jehovah god'. There is nothing altruistic about their 'ministry'. It's totally self-serving. After all, 'keeping their eyes on that prize' is paramount. You are just a means to which they hope to survive 'jehovah's wrath', by 'slaving and prostituting' that BOOK PUBLISHING ENTERPRISE.

Bake and serve up some 'special brownies'. And don't forget to set the video recorder up for the show. hahahaha

sKally

• Mary
    Mary

My personal opinion is the best way you can plant seeds of doubt, is to innocently say that you noticed that one of the articles in the publications says that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE. I would then emphasize that both the bible and archeology show that Jerusalem was destroyed in 586 BCE.

If you don't know enough about the Witnesses strange doctrine, their central doctrine is that the bible "proves" that Jesus returned "invisibly" in 1914 CE. How do they come up with this date? Well, they say that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE. Then you take the 7 "times" mentioned in Daniel, apply it to 607 BCE and you come up with 1914 CE. This is when they say that "he who has the right" to rule mankind would appear, or something like that. Then of course, they claim that the heavenly resurrection began in 1918 and that Jehovah appointed the "Faithful and Discreet Slave Class" in 1919.

Obviously, without the magical date of 607 BCE, then their whole time line is off and their house of cards collapses.

To most Witnesses, as long as you believe that this "Faithful And Discreet Slave Class" was appointed by God in 1919, then EVERYTHING else that is wrong in the Organization can be explained away.

If you can make them realize that this date is totally off, then they could start thinking........hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• truthsetsfree
    truthsetsfree

Thank you all again. David, I thank you for your concern for my well being; I don't want to be the featured act at the next district assembly, that's for sure! You can sure pray for me that I am clear thinking and dependent on God in future encounters with my visitors. I am aware that this is a dangerous organization, and I do believe it is from (people can argue this point on another thread if they so wish) Satan. ( I am also aware of how they "love bomb" you; they complimented my beautiful children and dog. Yes the kids are cute but the dog needs a grooming and is a hideous old mutt!)
    In the last several weeks I have been reading about the JWs from an inside and outside perspective, including their hilariously funny account of their own history, Proclaiming the Kingdom or whatever it's called. Have you read that thing. What a piece of drivel. Lots of wacky stuff, but I found it especially interesting that they make efforts to rationalize their failures of the 1800's, 1914, 1925and 1975. Perhaps enough JWs have been confronted with it by outsiders such as myself that they felt it important that the WT address it rather than their have sheep hear it from us.
    SKally-Brownies??? I'm afraid to ask. Video camera??? Hey, that sounds promising. Then I could send you all the video and you could critique. : )
    It sounds like the prevailing wisdom is to chip away at the credibility of the WTS, rather than to go after individual points of doctrine. I appreciate all of your help!!

• truthsetsfree
    truthsetsfree

Oops, forgot to say thanks Mary for the run down on their chronology. I've waded through trying to get the gist of what they predicted, and you encapsulated it all very nicely.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Truth,

this is just my personal opinion, but unless u are very well versed with the society's histroy-u might want to think before u go for that. They are aware of the things being said on the internt-and the first thing they will probably do is ask u where u got your info. if u say , "i read COC" or "got it off the internet" they will lauch into "these are apostate's" and it really hard to argue with their insane logic. if u know your scriptures well, then discuss doctrines. But be prepared-they'll twist the scriptures to their viewpoint and could confuse us. They might, if u tell them"I've read all i want to know about u on the internet" back off and consider u one that "satan got to". If your goal is make them question their faith-good luck-i was a drone for years and knew nojthing about apostates and so would have only walked away form u. But if u had used scriptures i would have worked really hard to help u se the light.

So consider what your goal is-to make them question their faith-really hard to do-or just get rid of them?They run form anyone that speaks apostate.

• truthsetsfree
    truthsetsfree

Wednesday, my goal is definitely to get them to question their faith, if only a tiny bit (maybe over time it will have a cumulative effect). I'm not trying to get rid of them--I could do that well, you should see me get rid of a telemarketer sometime (always polite, no profanity : )). Thanks for making some points.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit