I bet the Elders are really hoping the world ends in the very very near future!!!

by BoxOfRox 11 Replies latest jw friends

• BoxOfRox
    BoxOfRox
    I cant wait for this to get bigger and bigger!!! Its sad that all of these people had such horrible things done to them, but now a bunch of crazy old perverts are going to pay for it!
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Might I ask a simple question as a foreigner?

What does or can such a commission and its hearing lead to? Is it some sort of court which can make a decision, or can it suggest that the authorities or legal system take action, or "what is it" really?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Old Hippie - according to Wikipedia, "Royal Commissions have seen investigations into police and government corruption and organised crime using the very broad coercive powers of the Royal Commissioner to defeat the protective systems that powerful, but corrupt, public officials had used to shield themselves from conventional investigation."

Sadly it also states, " While these reports are often quite influential, with the government enacting some or all recommendations into law, the work of some Commissions have been almost completely ignored by the government.

• cognac
    cognac
    So, this might all just culminate to a whole bunch of nothing?
  • Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

The purpose of the Royal Commission is to analyze and make a comprehensive report on how child abuse has been handled on the whole by various institutions ranging from religious and recreational establishments through to schools etc. in order to establish how best to prevent, and/or handle child abuse in the future. In their own words: "Drawing upon the experience of individuals and the investigation of systemic issues, we are required to make recommendations that will provide a just response for people who have been sexually abused and ensure institutions achieve best practice in protecting children in the future".

Read interim report:

http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/about-us/our-reports/interim-report-volume-1-final-020714_lr_web

The purpose of this particular investigation into Jehovah's Witnesses is not to single them out and punish them, but as with the previous investigations of other institutions (so far there have been 29 case studies) it is to identify a weakness and put in place an effective remedy, (just as with all the other institutions). The Australian government has obviously identified a great need as regards the handling of child molestation issues across the whole board. I am sure you are all aware that the problem of abuse has been going on since the beginning of civilization, globally affecting all societies, but only in the last 30 or so years has it begun to get addressed properly. The need for this report itself though highlights that finding a solution has not even reached the tip of the iceberg yet. And of course once found, no solution will be truly perfect.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are not unique, they are plagued by the same diseases, same worries, same societal issues as everyone else on this planet. This of course includes the societal disease of child molestation. A spiritual paradise does not ensure a trouble free life as all persons are affected by imperfection and the consequences of it. In the cases of child sexual abuse the factors are very complex for all establishments and societies and each case is unique and cannot be put into one basket. Even the fact that a child offender goes behind bars for a few years does not guarantee a permanent solution because the possibility exists that he will re-offend. ...

I have no doubts though that whatever the Australian Commission decides in the way of policies, recommendations and practices to protect children, Jehovah’s Witnesses will be more than happy to comply with them.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome BoxOfRox

I hope you stick around , share some of your experiences , don`t divulge Information you don`t want to divulge .

Put out your two cents worth , agree or disagree , and debate if you want to .

However you will not be silenced because you might have a different view from the rest of us .

And the opposite is also true here

smiddy

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

"Only God can judge the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. The Australian Child Abuse Royal Commission is merely satisfying the Scriptural requirements of the 'two witness' rule so that judicial committee meeting can take place."

"You are better off committing suicide than having to deal with me when I come to judge you if you so much as stumble one single child who puts faith in me." - Jesus to the leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses, Gospel of Matthew chapter 18:1-10.

• Zoos
    Zoos

For many elders... their world IS ending.

Welcome to the forum BoxOfRox.

• BoxOfRox
    BoxOfRox
    I doubt once more and more JW's or former JW's come out and spill the beans on all these child rapist, thing will be swept under the rug. The searcher, you should change your name to the google. Because all you do is google it right? Maybe even "the gopher"? Smiddy, why would i divulge information i dont wouldn't want to divulge? You're silly :)
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Nitty - I have no doubts though that whatever the Australian Commission decides in the way of policies, recommendations and practices to protect children, Jehovah’s Witnesses will be more than happy to comply with them.

Disappointment beckons. I hope they do comply. In fact if it was god's true organisation, they shouldn't have to comply because they would have been directed by holy spirit to be doing the right thing already. the fact that they're not..not even close proves that the watchtower is a false religious cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit